Where are the HD channels Dish?

It depends on the market for PBS. I get 3 PBS channels in HD through Dish. The CW is not in HD in this market via OTA. But I can get a neighboring market with an HD CW station via OTA tuner on DISH.

Obviously it would be nice to have the Disney family of channels in HD but I do not want Dish to give into the greedy bastards. Getting all of the premium movie channels in HD would top my list and full time RSNs in HD would be nice but not a must. Other than that, Dish pretty much covers the most popular channels in HD and that's all that's really needed.

Obviously it would be nice to have the Disney family of channels in HD but I do not want Dish to give into the greedy bastards. Getting all of the premium movie channels in HD would top my list and full time RSNs in HD would be nice but not a must. Other than that, Dish pretty much covers the most popular channels in HD and that's all that's really needed.

Same here, Disney channels back would be a nice topper to things I could want in HD. Though TVland with some of there original programming would be nice as well

These groups would be real nice in HD, the Encore theme movie channels, Superstations or AAD. TVLand is probably the only single channel left that I watch with any regularity that I wish was in HD. I might watch ION, GMC or Cloo more if they were HD.

I thought Playboy HD was to be made available some time ago, as far as the price, you'd need to ask Playboy as to why it's that much.
Playboy HD hasn't been available for some time on any conventional TV carrier since Voom dropped it many years ago.

This is what I am thinking. It is not 2005 anymore. I had HD originally via a very expensive Sony TV. We hooked it up and I got a huge antenna installed in my attic. I got a handful of networks in HD and most of the stuff was not in true HD anyway. Still looked good. It is 2013 and basically there has been a full deployment of HD throughout the US with big screen tvs. More people have big screens now that ever. Which is also why TV sales are pretty weak these days. All channels should be HD. Plain and simple. NON HD channels look terrible on large HD screens. I dont know of any channel non broadcasting in HD. Maybe there are some.

The Church Channel. Is that the one hosted by the Church Lady...."well, isn't that special".

hey tampa8 i noticed that nice message you left for me on the other forum.nothing to worry about.i just wanted to let you know about WYCCHD.

so what other HD Channels you would like to see on that list of mine.I just wanted to know

If you look at some of the channels, most content would be useless in HD. Look at Boomerang. Great classic cartoons, but they were meant to be watched on an old piece of crap TV. In HD, with the screen boxed in, just isn't the same with the nostalgia.

The same holds true for a lot of the content on ESPN Classic. The only difference is that ESPN will put relatively new games on, and the channel does serve as a spillover at times.

Here's my Dish HD annoyance (major aggravation). I have the 120+ package and pay for the Multi-sport package at $9 per month. But two of the sports channels that I care most about are almost unwatchable in SD, NBA-TV and ESPNU. I know about the Disney vs. Dish dispute but the more folks whine, the sooner it gets resolved. I don't get the reasoning for NBA in HD only in the 200 channel package or higher. That just is not sufficient incentive to pay above the 120+ level program package. Is nothing that can be done to at least upgrade the PQ for these SD signals???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)