Where did my free space go?

toricred

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
New Mexico
I've had an HWS for about a week now. I added an EHD yesterday and transferred everything under My Recordings except the PTAT folder to my EHD and yet it still shows 20% of my internal drive in use. Is this for PTAT? If not, where else could stuff be hiding?

Yep that's your PTAT taking up space. If you care that much about it you can reclaim the space by turning PTAT off.

I use PTAT extensively so I don't want to turn it off. I just didn't know that's what it was showing as used. Now I know and I won't worry that my internal drive is filling up at a rate that would only leave me 5 weeks of recordings. Thanks for the answer.

Instead of turning off PTAT, you could reduce the number of days that the recordings are kept, or limit the days and channels that are recorded. I know you said you are no longer worried about it, but just letting you know the options are there.

Actually I'd rather add CW to PTAT. A lot of the stuff I watch is on CW. I'm tempted to get an OTA adapter just to accommodate that one channel. I already have the antenna mounted and aimed perfectly. That would free up one of the non-PTAT tuners almost every night. On the other hand I plan on getting an SJ as soon as they are available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts