Where have all the peeps gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd like to see some discussion of when us poor folks stuck with fuzzy vision locals will get to see them in HD. I was hoping it would happen when E16 came on line, but so far there has been little new on that front. Perhaps it's time to switch the the other guys since they have had our HD locals for a few years now.

Yup it is too quiet. I am noticing this on all the forums I visit. (Not just satellite)

We need some excitement. :)

true. i'm seeing this at the other forums i visit,hell even twitter :eek:

maybe if dish and directv drive their sats to collide with each other. hmmmmm.....

We could always start rumors....:)

I think every now and then especially this time of year just not much going on

Nothing much to talk about. My hoppers are working fine. HWS wasn't all that revolutionary. No big programming or pricing changes.

If Dish rolled out some software to the hoppers that allowed two hoppers to see live tuners between one another that might be something to talk about... but i don't really see it happening anymore.

If Dish rolled out some cheaper packages that eliminated sports, that could be something to talk about. Don't see that happening anytime soon either.

Just quiet. TV is TV. Just keep watching and paying the bill...

I've been talking more in PM than on the forum, lol. It's possible that people are just, well, you know, watching TV instead of talking about it? lol. I'm still as active as ever though, mostly on my phone.

Maybe people have decided to live life, instead of just talking about living life or talking about how to watch people on TV living it.

Our TV viewing is at a minimum, sure isn't worth the $$ for what we watch. I definitely plan on downgrading in the near future.

I was camping out and a friend of mine decided to toast marshmallows over the fire. Well, it was around Easter and he had some Peeps. The problem is they are sugar coated and when the sugar melted, it was like hot fire. When he touched it to his lips, it stuck and pulled the skin off when he removed it in much pain. The moral: don't ever toast peeps over a fire.:(

Our TV viewing is at a minimum, sure isn't worth the $$ for what we watch. I definitely plan on downgrading in the near future.

You are not the only one. Why pay so much for SD programming.. If they were to say everything will in SD, I would cancel faster than the roadrunner. ln a different angle, if I was to purchase Blu Rays with the money I pay DISH I could own about 10 per month, 120 in a year, use my powerful OTA to pick up all the HD and all set. No more receiver fees and of course no blocked/not available HD channels I pay for and can't get since I am the mixed arc zombie land. As far as E16 is concerned, its seems the bird is sick of what doctors call the Charlie syndrome. By the way, they are changing their name from Dish Network to " Di-Nasor Network.

Here are some topics for you all to discuss then. What's going on with ESPNU and the Disney channels in HD? Why A La Carte is better. When will Dish get Fearnet? How soon is "Soon?"

Soon is the same answer my mother gave us kids when asked the time dinner would be ready.
To Dish "soon" means "shut up and wait".

Soon is the same answer my mother gave us kids when asked the time dinner would be ready.
To Dish "soon" means "shut up and wait".

Soon is how E*16 which is now about 100 days after launch and nothing. Do they have Spotitis?? At this rate they will run out of fuel and nothing will be available (n/a). The senior members on this forums should them a hand

I have never seen so much secrecy on a SAT, about 100 days after launch and nothing. It's getting old after a while. Echo 15 was supposed to move out of the way to 45W but I have nothing to say because of so much secrecy. DISH better get their act together, specially after a big jump in cost of packages specially here in Puerto Rico. 61.5 slot must be haunted because it has always been a headache, huge signal and nothing added.

For many, locals are their main concern but for us here is getting what we pay for. No SCI HD, EPIX HD, just two HBO, CI, Universal HD and on and on. Just sick and tired of this BS. Between new technologies, missing HD for us and the economy could make DISH a thing of the past. 14 million subs stuck forever could be going the other direction, DOWN.

How do I justify paying 227.00 a month with the new increase and nothing. People can only take so much for so looooong.

Is is that hard to get existing channels into SP70. We are not waiting for HD locals, we are waiting for equality. Four months after launch (Nov 20, 2012). Patience is running out.................. I was going to call Tech Support to see if they would shed some light but you all know how secretive they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)