Where is my game?

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
Annoying blackout message on ESPN2

I'm watching the Cardinals/Diamondbacks game on ESPN2, but Dish keeps scrolling a message across the top of my screen every minute or so that says:

Blackout restrictions apply. If you see a message stating that this game is not available in your area check your local listings or go to www.dishnetwork.com/wheresmygame.

There would be no reason for this game to be blacked out for me, so why do they keep scrolling the message? Is anyone else seeing this?

Tell me if my logic is flawed.

If I'm watching the Cards game on ESPN right now, then it means I'm not being blacked out, therefore I don't need to be told to go check my "local listings" or visit the "where's my game" page.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Its a crawl that is being shown to all viewers of that channel trying to educate them how to find their game if their game is blacked out on a particular channel. :)

Its a crawl that is being shown to all viewers of that channel trying to educate them how to find their game if their game is blacked out on a particular channel. :)

Maybe if you didn't need a PHD in Mathematics to figure out blackout rules, we could be spared such nonsense. :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)