Where Is The Espn Announcement? Good Or Bad!

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
the Qand A referring to espn has been removed from THE VOOM website. Where is it? why not give us an explaination? If negotiations have fallen through then they need to start them again! they cannot and will not make it wihout those espn channels. There is no way. If on the other hand they have signed espn then they need to post it. Why keep us in limbo?

vurbano said:
the Qand A referring to espn has been removed from THE VOOM website. Where is it? why not give us an explaination? If negotiations have fallen through then they need to start them again! they cannot and will not make it wihout those espn channels. There is no way. If on the other hand they have signed espn then they need to post it. Why keep us in limbo?

It is not even up on Cablevision yet...

rollerfink said:
Any chance Voom will get ESPN within the next 30 minutes? I'd like to watch the WNBA draft at noon.
:clap Very funny.

Sean Mota said:
It is not even up on Cablevision yet...
yeah but at least they had a press release when the deal was done. Voom had espn as a freq asked question and now its gone. What gives?

I care. If ESPN isn't added by football season, I'm going back to cable. I have a hard enough time as it is without ESPN baseball coverage.

red ufo said:
Who cares? We got Foxnews most sports are boring and repetative.

:eek:

The best thing about FoxNews is the mini skirt clad female anchors. Although I would pay $1 to see O'Reilly and Franken go at it in a steel cage match.

Relax..who said it was lost or even signed..there is a deal with CVC and that usually is a good sign for Voom..ESPN HD hasn't even begun on IO so maybe there is/was a deal efective 5/1???or some date..Voom had a deal with playboy,encore etc it didnt start that second

Relax, ESPN is coming, from what I understand there are a few transport issues to nail down and then we will have it.

It's coming. The big question is when. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Relax, ESPN is coming, from what I understand there are a few transport issues to nail down and then we will have it.

It's coming. The big question is when. :)

Scott,

Obviously without revealing your source, have you been told by a reliable source that ESPN is coming to VOOM ? In other words, it is just a matter of when it is coming, not if it is coming. That is what you are saying ?

slick1ru2 said:
:eek:

The best thing about FoxNews is the mini skirt clad female anchors. Although I would pay $1 to see O'Reilly and Franken go at it in a steel cage match.

LOL. You were much, much kinder than I, if I had not been biting my tongue.
Most of what I can say about FoxNews shouldn't be aired in a family forum. ;)

Lucky said:
Scott,

Obviously without revealing your source, have you been told by a reliable source that ESPN is coming to VOOM ? In other words, it is just a matter of when it is coming, not if it is coming. That is what you are saying ?

That is what I am saying. :D

Lucky said:
Scott,

I am not Scott, but putting together several pieces of info clearly indicates that it is only a matter of time. I am 99.99% confident that I will be watching ESPN on Voom.

I think we all know ESPN is coming. But there is a difference between next week and June. Just like I'm sure Voom will get the RSNs, but will it be this year or three years? Everyday people are making contnet decisions, and most aren't willing to change twice in 3 weeks. Alot of people buying HD sets today are thinking of Vooming, but w/no ESPN, they don't consider it. And if they go with D*, they're gone to Voom for at least a year. And since only about 8% of the country can even get Voom b/c of line of sight and OTA reception, they can't afford to let anyone slip away.

cyuhnke said:
And since only about 8% of the country can even get Voom b/c of line of sight and OTA reception, they can't afford to let anyone slip away.

Where did you get this number? I don't believe it is that low.

90% of people pull statistics out of thin air to support their point.
99% of internet posters pull statistics out of thin air in their posts.

8% thats absurd. but i do agree with the content arguement and the gone to D* for a year. Its absolutely correct. Just a press release from VOOM could dramatically increase their subscriber base. Again another bonehead marketing move. Sears was the first. that OAR commercial about their exclusives was the second, it made them look like either they were stupid or deceptive.