Where is the new AK/HI HD

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
The only change I've seen is a loss of two channels.

I guess we get a lump of coal.:confused:

I called early this morning to complete my move to Hawaii, and the CSR told me the new HD would not be available until the 14th. For what it's worth, she seemed very knowledgeable, and given where we're at today, I believe her.

I called early this morning to complete my move to Hawaii, and the CSR told me the new HD would not be available until the 14th. For what it's worth, she seemed very knowledgeable, and given where we're at today, I believe her.

Hope she's correct, at any rate it's not today. If not tomorrow I'm sure it will be soon.

I've never checked the uplink list so often. Today started the same as the 8th, with an automatic reboot and guide download when I turned on my 722 in the AM. I fell for it both times. :(

When this does happen tommorrow (fingers crossed), I hope we don't lose HDNET, HDNMV, HDTHR (e*11 conus) and UNIV (e*10 spot). They are not on the new AK/HI HD list at the Dish site. I have a bunch of timers set on HDNET and HDNMV.

I am looking forward to CNN and CMDY and am already enjoing MAX, but it would be a bummer to lose HDNET in particular as a trade-off. I pray that it was just an oversight in construction of the list, not part of tommorrow's uplink change.

I've never checked the uplink list so often. Today started the same as the 8th, with an automatic reboot and guide download when I turned on my 722 in the AM. I fell for it both times. :(

When this does happen tommorrow (fingers crossed), I hope we don't lose HDNET, HDNMV, HDTHR (e*11 conus) and UNIV (e*10 spot). They are not on the new AK/HI HD list at the Dish site. I have a bunch of timers set on HDNET and HDNMV.

I am looking forward to CNN and CMDY and am already enjoing MAX, but it would be a bummer to lose HDNET in particular as a trade-off. I pray that it was just an oversight in construction of the list, not part of tommorrow's uplink change.

Same here hope we don't lose those channels.

But I'm not confident enough to call it today's or tomorrow's uplink report. I'll be happy, but surprised if it happens today.

Where are they?

OK, how do I get them to show up. Did a check sw and reloaded the guide, but only the old HD pack shows up? Probably have to call Dish to get a hit?

OK, how do I get them to show up. Did a check sw and reloaded the guide, but only the old HD pack shows up? Probably have to call Dish to get a hit?

I don't think they've turned them on yet. I didn't have to get a hit to view the two new premium channels or to lose the two local channels.

I called Dish a few minutes ago and was told Hawaii residents would receive an HD Gold package for $10/month, which is essentially what I pay now for the limited HD programming available in Hawaii.

However, the CSR indicated that the new HD service was on 129. I now have two oversized dishes, one for 110 and the other for 119. He indicated that I would need to have a new dish installed to receive the 129 feed. The one-time installation charge is $59 and change. But the install date is not scheduled until June 6th. It was not clear to me whether a third dish is installed or one of the existing one(s) is replaced. At one point in the conversation the CSR referred to a new dish as a "Hawaii 500" but then recanted.

Anybody get a different story from Dish.

Aloha from the Big Island,

Dennis

I also am hoping we don't loose these as well.
After looking at this mornings uplink, I would not put much weight on the list posted on the Dish site, as none of the chanel numbers seem to match what is being uplinked so far....

I called Dish a few minutes ago and was told Hawaii residents would receive an HD Gold package for $10/month, which is essentially what I pay now for the limited HD programming available in Hawaii.

However, the CSR indicated that the new HD service was on 129. I now have two oversized dishes, one for 110 and the other for 119. He indicated that I would need to have a new dish installed to receive the 129 feed. The one-time installation charge is $59 and change. But the install date is not scheduled until June 6th. It was not clear to me whether a third dish is installed or one of the existing one(s) is replaced. At one point in the conversation the CSR referred to a new dish as a "Hawaii 500" but then recanted.

Anybody get a different story from Dish.

Aloha from the Big Island,

Dennis

Here on Maui, I was told I need a Dish 500H to receive all channels on 1 dish. It is being installed today sometime between 12 and 5.. Fingers crossed...

For what it's worth...HDNet, HDNMV, HDTHR, and UNIV are all listed in the updated "Hawaii Channels and Packages" lineup card on the website. They are just not on the "Updated HD List". Not sure what exactly that means...but I'd really hate to lose HDNET.

For what it's worth...HDNet, HDNMV, HDTHR, and UNIV are all listed in the updated "Hawaii Channels and Packages" lineup card on the website. They are just not on the "Updated HD List". Not sure what exactly that means...but I'd really hate to lose HDNET.

Unfortuately, that "Hawaii channels and packages lieup card" has not been updated to show any of the new HD channels.

The four channels in question are still working for me, along with the new 110 spot channels that just showed up.

:)
Here on Maui, I was told I need a Dish 500H to receive all channels on 1 dish. It is being installed today sometime between 12 and 5.. Fingers crossed...

Thanks for the clarification. One dish is better than three. You have an installer that's coming today. Maybe he'd like to fly across the channel and install mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)