18 month commitment

btyko

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Florida
I last upgraded my equipment on December 7, 2007. I am certain that I extended my commitment 18 months. I know that soon after that, dish began requiring a two year commitment.

Now dish is telling me that my commitment is through December 7, 2009 (two years from my upgrade).

Can anyone tell me for certain what date the commitment changed from 18 months to two years?

Thank you.

I upgraded about that time, and I was on 18 mos. I still have my paperwork spelling it out.

I upgraded at the end of December 2007 and was told 18 months. I believe the switch to 24 month commitments coincided with the February price changes of the following year, although I may be wrong about this.

Thanks for the replies. I got my information from on online chat with Dish Network. I will have to give them a call tonight to sort things out.

I take it you no longer have you copy of the contract? Another thing to consider is if you took advantage of any movie promos by siging a new contract.

After reading the original post, I got on with Dish's online chat and they tried to insist I had a 24 month commitment. I had to insist that they go over their records and finally got confirmation that it was 18 months. Not sure if they are assuming that all commitments are 24 months these days, but I figured it was worth everyone else knowing that it may be good to check your status.

Do they even give you a new 'contract' if you extend over the phone by adding a new receiver?

My experience says 'no' as I don't remember getting anything except a verbal when I added a second 622 to my home a couple of years ago.

I upgraded a 322 to a 622. All of this was done verbally by telephone, so I never signed a contract when I upgraded. I verbally agreed to an extension of 18 months.

Since people are confirming that my memory is correct, hopefully I will be able to resolve this when I call tonight.

I am looking to upgrade one of my 622s to a 722K at little or no cost when my commitment is up in June.

I just had another online chat.

I spoke to somebody who knew what he is doing, and he confirmed my proper commitment date.

I also upgraded one of my 622s to a 722K for $75. Hopefully, they will ship it to my mailing address, not my service address. I only told him three times, so we will se what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)