Where is the new AK/HI HD

Hmmm....not sure if this is the same issue or a different one...but I'm having problems with a number of channels showing up in my guide (predominantly the HD versions of the movie channels) as subscribed even though they are not available in Hawaii (i.e HBOCY HD). However, since they are unavailable here, the receiver will not tune into them . I deleted them from my favorites list, but they still show up when I do program searches and it ruins the DishPass feature.

To recap how I got here, I had an installer come out yesterday to troubleshoot my bad install here in Hawaii. Turns out the 129 dish was misaligned. He decided it would be better to dedicate the 110 to the 24" dish and then use the 500H Dish for both 119 and 129. Still using a DPP33 and 722DVR.

Now the 129 shows up on the Point Dish screen but I have a red X on the status. However, when we look at signal strength, it is definitely locking on at good strengths on many (but not all) of the TPs. I am now receiving all of my channels (except the 4 no one is receiving, and the 4 or 5 that they took away from Hawaii).

Has anyone else noticed that channel 5588 (HGTV) and 5594 (FOOD) are the same? They are both showing Food Network. All the other channels seem to be ok.

Just called to report the 4 missing channels and mentioned the HGTV issue.

Hmmm....not sure if this is the same issue or a different one...but I'm having problems with a number of channels showing up in my guide (predominantly the HD versions of the movie channels) as subscribed even though they are not available in Hawaii (i.e HBOCY HD). However, since they are unavailable here, the receiver will not tune into them . I deleted them from my favorites list, but they still show up when I do program searches and it ruins the DishPass feature.

To recap how I got here, I had an installer come out yesterday to troubleshoot my bad install here in Hawaii. Turns out the 129 dish was misaligned. He decided it would be better to dedicate the 110 to the 24" dish and then use the 500H Dish for both 119 and 129. Still using a DPP33 and 722DVR.

Now the 129 shows up on the Point Dish screen but I have a red X on the status. However, when we look at signal strength, it is definitely locking on at good strengths on many (but not all) of the TPs. I am now receiving all of my channels (except the 4 no one is receiving, and the 4 or 5 that they took away from Hawaii).

Congrats!

We are all being told that the red x reception error on 129 is due to a bad installation, but it makes more sense to me that it is caused by all the conus premiums that are showing up as available, but can't be pulled in.

All the conus 129 channels need to be flagged unavailable for AK/HI since we can't pull them in. The HD channels that we were getting (via 110 spot and conus) prior to the new additions are still missing. They need to be flagged available to AK/HI (as the new 110 spot channels were flagged last week).

I miss HDNET, HDTHR and VS in particular. :(

We are all being told that the red x reception error on 129 is due to a bad installation, but it makes more sense to me that it is caused by all the conus premiums that are showing up as available, but can't be pulled in.

All the conus 129 channels need to be flagged unavailable for AK/HI since we can't pull them in. The HD channels that we were getting (via 110 spot and conus) prior to the new additions are still missing. They need to be flagged available to AK/HI (as the new 110 spot channels were flagged last week).

Please NO! I have a 6' dish pointed at 129 and can receive all the movie channels that I had been missing but paying for, for years now. I still receive HDNET, HDTHR, and VS.

Please NO! I have a 6' dish pointed at 129 and can receive all the movie channels that I had been missing but paying for, for years now. I still receive HDNET, HDTHR, and VS.

+1.

I also get all of the additional movie channels and the extra RSNs. Since I pay for NBA Leadue Pass I was able to watch a lot of games in HD that I wouldn't otherwise.

Red, did you change your HD package to the new package and still get HDTHR, and VS?

+1.

I also get all of the additional movie channels and the extra RSNs. Since I pay for NBA Leadue Pass I was able to watch a lot of games in HD that I wouldn't otherwise.

Red, did you change your HD package to the new package and still get HDTHR, and VS?

My package was changed automatically I guess. I still get HDTHR and VS.

+1.

Sorry, I forgot about the 6' dish guys in AK. We in HI just can't get them. Maybe they could just flag them unavailable to HI subscribers since they really are unavailable here.

Sorry, I forgot about the 6' dish guys in AK. We in HI just can't get them. Maybe they could just flag them unavailable to HI subscribers since they really are unavailable here.

Not even with a larger dish?

I called tech support today to trouble shoot the issue, and apparently I was still coded for California instead of Hawaii (since I moved my account here). They say that should fix my issue with CONUS HD channels showing up in my guide as available. We'll see,

I agree 100% with your statement above...the red X has to do with the flagging of the channels.

I called tech support today to trouble shoot the issue, and apparently I was still coded for California instead of Hawaii (since I moved my account here). They say that should fix my issue with CONUS HD channels showing up in my guide as available. We'll see,

I agree 100% with your statement above...the red X has to do with the flagging of the channels.

I just talked to a local dealer in Anchorage and he's using the new 30 inch dish with a dpp33 and is able to run a successful check switch. There is no way the 30 incher can pick up the CONUS channels and he's okay?

My account has been in Hawaii since I started in 2000, and I still have the same issue as you. The 129 conus channels show up available but not subscribed and the premiums show up available and subscribed.

My account has been in Hawaii since I started in 2000, and I still have the same issue as you. The 129 conus channels show up available but not subscribed and the premiums show up available and subscribed.

Yup, but everytime I try to tune to them it goes to the acquiring signal screen and freezes up.

Anyway, just to give another update in my ongoing saga, my problem did not get fixed with whatever Dish did yesterday. I guess this is just the way it is until they get the flags fixed.

I'd be completely happy as long as they'd give us the NFL HD and HDNET.

I'd be completely happy as long as they'd give us the NFL HD and HDNET.

You need to call them and tell them that the channels are missing. Also, tell them that HGTV and FOOD are both showing the same programming...FOOD.

Tell them you have a friend in Alaska who is having the same problem.

They need to forward the problem(s) to engineering dept. It is not something tech support can fix. See if they'll give you credit since we're not receiving all the programming we're supposed to.

Hopefully they'll have the problem resolved in Wed. uplink report.

You need to call them and tell them that the channels are missing. Also, tell them that HGTV and FOOD are both showing the same programming...FOOD.

They need to forward the problem(s) to engineering dept. It is not something tech support can fix. See if they'll give you credit since we're not receiving all the programming we're supposed to.

Of course I can't see your beam from here but from looking in the tables it is two separate entries. I assume they have an encoder issue or something mapped wrong that is feeding the encoder. When it's fixed you probably won't see any changes in the uplink report.

I have...numerous times...we'll see if anyone there is listening...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)