Where is the new AK/HI HD

I have 110 119 and 129 now. I'm not getting any of the 129 channels yet, they showed up in the guide, and they are erroring. I will go tune the dish in and check again. Do you think I'll need to call and get a hit?

I have 110 119 and 129 now. I'm not getting any of the 129 channels yet, they showed up in the guide, and they are erroring. I will go tune the dish in and check again. Do you think I'll need to call and get a hit?

Either that or get an automated one through the menu or do a chat and ask for one. Others have been losing the 110 HD channels after getting the 129 HD channels but E* did a package flag change this AM so maybe that solved the problem.

What switch are you using? I have a SW64, and I can not get it to lock up on 129. I can see good signal strength on the spotbeams, but running a check switch test does not work for 129.

Not sure what switch I have, but the receivers are a VIP211, VIP622 and VIP722. Haven't had any issues running a check switch.

Not sure what switch I have, but the receivers are a VIP211, VIP622 and VIP722. Haven't had any issues running a check switch.

If I'm not mistaken, the check switch screen lists your switch type up near the top (beats running outside or wherever your switch is).

I would like to know this as well. I've seen serveral references to this, but my searches for an answer have proven unsuccessful.

Here you go:

Welcome to the ever-growing pissed off 129 Legacy VIP Club...it's not your setup; it is a problem brought on by Dish! Dish has outright disabled the ability of any VIP receiver from recognizing 129 even tp's after a check switch test on legacy equipment. It came through a software update sometime last February. I had talked to a Top Tier Engineering Tech at Dishnetwork about this issue and he basically stopped replying to me when he told me that everyone is now using DP or DPP equipment. I said that was an exaggeration of the reality. It is also a case of false advertising as the ViP receivers claim to be retro-compatible with legacy equipment.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...acy-problems-check-switch-started-lately.html

It has appearantly been fixed on the 211 and 222 recievers. It still persists on the 6xx and 7xx receivers.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, the check switch screen lists your switch type up near the top (beats running outside or wherever your switch is).

I'll check that when I get home.

I have three dishes and don't have a problem. Is the error showing up with a dedicated dish, one that is trying to get mutiple satellites, or both?

Here you go:

It has appearantly been fixed on the 211 and 222 recievers. It still persists on the 6xx and 7xx receivers.

Thank you very much for the link. Fortunately for me (I guess), I'm using a DPP33 switch, so this doesn't explain my problem. I think I just had a bad install.

After 3hrs talking to dish, I finally got everything resolved. They kept telling me it was a signal issue, when in fact all they had to do was update the package from 9.99 to 10.00 and I got the new channels. I am missing the 4 that should be there and the 4 they took away. Now my DVR won't work. It says the data is unavailable. Anyone else having this problem? I've tried the usual of reboot, unplug, and remove cable card, but no luck.

After 3hrs talking to dish, I finally got everything resolved. They kept telling me it was a signal issue, when in fact all they had to do was update the package from 9.99 to 10.00 and I got the new channels. I am missing the 4 that should be there and the 4 they took away. Now my DVR won't work. It says the data is unavailable. Anyone else having this problem? I've tried the usual of reboot, unplug, and remove cable card, but no luck.

Sounds like you need to redo your timers. I went through and deleted all of the timers that pointed to the old channel numbers and redid them pointing at the new channels.

Has anyone contacted Dish about the missing channels yet?

Sounds like you need to redo your timers. I went through and deleted all of the timers that pointed to the old channel numbers and redid them pointing at the new channels.

Has anyone contacted Dish about the missing channels yet?

I can't even access my timers. I get the 311 error message with a ref# of 0521. I called DISH about the missing channels and asked them to forward the problem to engineering. Does your 129 show as a red x in your check switch? I had to lie to dish and told them mine was green but still wasn't receiving programming just so they would shut-up about the whole "it's your installers fault" speech and try something else.

I can't even access my timers. I get the 311 error message with a ref# of 0521. I called DISH about the missing channels and asked them to forward the problem to engineering. Does your 129 show as a red x in your check switch? I had to lie to dish and told them mine was green but still wasn't receiving programming just so they would shut-up about the whole "it's your installers fault" speech and try something else.

I haven't had a problem with check switch and 129, all green for me. I'll call dish later and have them forward the problem to engineering also.

Has anyone else noticed that channel 5588 (HGTV) and 5594 (FOOD) are the same? They are both showing Food Network. All the other channels seem to be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)