Where is the new DIRECTIVO?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
They might set it up where the HR34 automatically gets the new HD GUI since its new
I was told in my last meeting the 34 will have the old version until the national release is complete. Which to me is pretty stupid! Release it with new software and make it sell itself!

Iceberg said:
They might set it up where the HR34 automatically gets the new HD GUI since its new

That's what I am thinking as the HD Gui should be out for everyone very soon, so from that point forward it should be the new gui

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I wonder how long before sales figures are released. Sales in first 6 months should be quite telling, determining contender or dog.

I wonder how long before sales figures are released. Sales in first 6 months should be quite telling, determining contender or dog.
I'm betting that they will be required to cough up the information with their quarterly SEC filing.

Well I read todays satelliteguys news its officially fixing to be released with the link showing the specs. Lets fact it...unless its free who would want it compared to upgrading to or already having a Direct HD DVR?

I'd be willing to try it out if it wasn't an additional $5 per unit per month. Just another reason to go OTA when my contract runs out.

-Ted

I guess I will shamefully admit that I want the TiVo.. I had tivo from the time the first model came out up until I got my first Hi Def tv last April, and I haven't taken a shine to the Direct TV HD DVR yet. Most of the stuff that isn't available via TiVo (i.e., youtube) doesn't matter to me. Wondering when it will appear on their website and how I can actually get one of the darn things.

I guess I will shamefully admit that I want the TiVo.. I had tivo from the time the first model came out up until I got my first Hi Def tv last April, and I haven't taken a shine to the Direct TV HD DVR yet. Most of the stuff that isn't available via TiVo (i.e., youtube) doesn't matter to me. Wondering when it will appear on their website and how I can actually get one of the darn things.
I think if you did try a Directv HD DVR, you might never go back to Tivo (especially with Directv's new HD guide.)

I think if you did try a Directv HD DVR, you might never go back to Tivo (especially with Directv's new HD guide.)

I've had the DirecTV HD DVR since April. Figured I'd grow accustomed to it, but hasn't happened. I loved the tivo interface, etc, and I will say that the DTV DVR is pretty good, if it was the only thing available, I'd be happy to keep it.. One of the only things I totally do NOT like, though, is that top heavy remote.. I don't like punching in channel numbers to be a two hand process. :). Going to get the tivo, and if it sucks ass, will switch back at some point, I'm sure.

I'm dumping my HR20 as soon as I can get my paws on the Tivo!!

You guys can send me your hated and unwanted HD DVRs.

I've had the DirecTV HD DVR since April. Figured I'd grow accustomed to it, but hasn't happened. I loved the tivo interface, etc, and I will say that the DTV DVR is pretty good, if it was the only thing available, I'd be happy to keep it.. One of the only things I totally do NOT like, though, is that top heavy remote.. I don't like punching in channel numbers to be a two hand process. :). Going to get the tivo, and if it sucks ass, will switch back at some point, I'm sure.

I can say this is the most unique reason I have ever heard...

I agree, it's an unusual reason, especially since the remote isn't top heavy at all!

I dont like the white remote either, it was one of the things i hated the most about my new HR20 when my HR10-250 went TU. I still don't like it. The TIVO remote was much better...to each his own I guess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts