Where is USB External Storage for the 942/ViP622?

That is a moment of truth !
That's goal : "in addition they are now collecting DVR fees" !
So, we just waiting when Dish will come with the unpopular announcement, probably in time when new HD campaign will sweeten the bitter taste.

There can be 1000 reasons why a product doesn't come out on said day or a software roll out or channel is suspended indefinitely but that doesn't negate the fact that what someone says will happen, does not 99% of the time.

Certainly you cannot be referring to Echostar with that 99% failure to deliver rate.

Else we would have no DVRs, no HD, no MPEG4, no VOOM, no new channels in several years, no birds besides those at 110 & 119, no locals in SD or HD, etc., etc., etc., etc.

E*'s delivery rate on promises is definitely not 99%, but nor is it anywhere near 99% failure.

While I remain skeptical of E* delivering on this feature, I fail to understand why everyone is so up in a knot in early June. Based on their last statements, it wasn't expected to be out by now. Given E*'s history, why in the world are people expecting them to release it eariler than what they said?

Certainly you cannot be referring to Echostar with that 99% failure to deliver rate.

Else we would have no DVRs, no HD, no MPEG4, no VOOM, no new channels in several years, no birds besides those at 110 & 119, no locals in SD or HD, etc., etc., etc., etc.

E*'s delivery rate on promises is definitely not 99%, but nor is it anywhere near 99% failure.

While I remain skeptical of E* delivering on this feature, I fail to understand why everyone is so up in a knot in early June. Based on their last statements, it wasn't expected to be out by now. Given E*'s history, why in the world are people expecting them to release it eariler than what they said?
???
I think you need to reread my post. I didn't say DISH had a 99% failure rate.
I said Scott's "inside source" has a 99% failure rate.

Oh, sorry then.

I think Scott's source has been better than 99% too, but he's not Mr. Reliable.

But how could someone be reliable within E*. I don't think Charlie knows what they are going to do half of the time.

I emailed it in this AM.

Are you referring to an email address used to submit questions to the Charlie Chat?
If so, could you post the email address?
I'd like to ask too, and probably the more of us that ask, the more likely it will get addressed. Might also indicate to them that there's tons of interest if they get a lot of people asking.

Are you referring to an email address used to submit questions to the Charlie Chat?
If so, could you post the email address?
I'd like to ask too, and probably the more of us that ask, the more likely it will get addressed. Might also indicate to them that there's tons of interest if they get a lot of people asking.
DISH Network -- DISH Broadcasts# I just sent mine...;)

The problem with mentioning Satellite Guys is they may dismiss the number of inquires as a forum movement and not a wide spread request.

Charlie asked us in our meeting to have members state they were SatelliteGuys members when they were writing in.

Don't know why but he asked. :)

Charlie asked us in our meeting to have members state they were SatelliteGuys members when they were writing in.

Don't know why but he asked. :)
Maybe so he can categorize them as fringe elite users and not the main stream. :(
I ain't trying to deny you publicity, I just want them to take the USB question more serious.

As part of the fringe, also known as the leading edge- What we are interested in today, the bulk of their customers will be interested in tomorrow.

Especially after we've helped debug things!

As part of the fringe, also known as the leading edge- What we are interested in today, the bulk of their customers will be interested in tomorrow.

Especially after we've helped debug things!

They don't care about questions from the fringe. The percentage is too small.

The problem with mentioning Satellite Guys is they may dismiss the number of inquires as a forum movement and not a wide spread request.

Well, I'm sure if they get a bunch of people suddenly all asking the same question, they'll figure something like that is up.

Hopefully we're not too late to get consideration for tonight's chat. Does anyone know if they go through the emails a few days in advance, or right up till and through the show?

While I remain skeptical of E* delivering on this feature, I fail to understand why everyone is so up in a knot in early June.
This is one of those few E* promised features that affect people directly.

Back when the first DishDVR, the 501, was introduced, it had 30 hours of recording time. Soon after that, they introduced the 508, with 80 hours of recording time. Later DishDVRs went into 3 figures.

Now with HD, we are back to 30 hours of recording time. But, the slowing of the pace of HD size expansion over the past couple of years - combined with the drive to provide 622's almost for free - means that HD fans have to constantly delete favorite movies and programs (like Star Wars in HD, Planet Earth in HD, etc.) in order to have enough space for new programming.

So, it is probably the only new feature that is time-critical for many users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)