Where is USB External Storage for the 942/ViP622?

External recoding...

I just got a replacement 622 receiver, and while going through the menus for changes I noticed that under the "Record Plus" menu it has an ERD tab which will let you enable/disable external recording. Has this feature been enabled?

As I said before, there will be no external storage in the 622 in 2007 and as most of you speculate it will probably be abandoned all together, offered in a future receiver as a selling point because DISH knows how everyone is clamoring for this.

Can't you see it now? Upgrade to the new *** and get external storage capabilities for only $99.95 with trade in.

Brian

If this thread is going to continue, perhaps a mod should change the title from "recoding" to "recording." Two totally separate things.

So you've posted this in more than one spot. Anything to back this up? Or is this just your gut feeling?

If Scott says it's coming out, it's coming out. This year.

100% agreed

If this thread is going to continue, perhaps a mod should change the title from "recoding" to "recording." Two totally separate things.

I clicked on this thread to see if there was an external recoding device coming out. Now I see it is just another thread about external recording devices for the 622.

So you've posted this in more than one spot. Anything to back this up? Or is this just your gut feeling?

The predictions on this site are wrong more than they are right and that includes Scott's. :(

I would be quite surprised if external storage isn't supported by Labor Day. Dish has been showing this for too long, with promises it is coming to not ship it.

Cheers,

If Scott KNOWS that much, tell him the Starbuck's needs to serve hot chocolate throughout the day and not just between 8-10 and 12-2. Some nice executive chairs in the conference rooms wouldn't hurt either.

It isn't so much Scott's prediction as it is what Scott has been told by E* insiders/management. Just as in any business, not all plans become reality, even if they are very real plans with sincere intent.

It isn't so much Scott's prediction as it is what Scott has been told by E* insiders/management. Just as in any business, not all plans become reality, even if they are very real plans with sincere intent.

There can be 1000 reasons why a product doesn't come out on said day or a software roll out or channel is suspended indefinitely but that doesn't negate the fact that what someone says will happen, does not 99% of the time.

As I said before, there will be no external storage in the 622 in 2007 and as most of you speculate it will probably be abandoned all together, offered in a future receiver as a selling point because DISH knows how everyone is clamoring for this.

Can't you see it now? Upgrade to the new *** and get external storage capabilities for only $99.95 with trade in.

Brian
Gee, isn't that what they did with MPEG4? Could this possibly be a pattern? Whoops - here come the defenders of the faith.:eek:

Gee, isn't that what they did with MPEG4? Could this possibly be a pattern? Whoops - here come the defenders of the faith.:eek:

I defend DISH on occasion. Even been accused of working there or owning stock. Of course that has more to do with the number of DISH haters around here more than my pro DISH views. But in this case I would feel more confident that the USB drive support was coming if Scott had some inside info that it had been scratched.

It would surprise me greatly if we get to August and it is not here yet.

The future for Dish is external storage and MPEG4. :)

When a person has a mpeg4 receiver they will have everything they need for the future. If they want a DVR they go to Best Buy buy a drive, plug it in to their receiver call Dish and have them activate DVR service on the receiver and now they have a HD DVR. (Dish did not need to roll a truck, and in addition they are now collecting DVR fees) :)

The future is external storage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts