Where to Buy New C Band Dishes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Remember, if you want the best signal possible out of the Norsats, they will need to have 18V supplied to both of them full time. This can be done with power inserters or a modified multiswitch. The modified multiswitch is the more elegant solution for whole house systems. I would actually use the Motorola DSR-922(aka 4DTV) for my positioner to simplify dish movement and to get the occasional benefit of an ITC DCII feed that may pop up.

Specify a polar mount, not an Az-El mount.
I wouldn't look to a single supplier for all the items on your list.
There are several brands of C-band Ortho feeds.
You should find one for $50 - $80 new.
( I haven't checked lately)

Why does 18V need to be applied to both at all times? I thought the idea of 2 LNBs with the dual feedhorn was to have 1 LNB at 13V for Vertical and the other at 18V for Horizontal?

13 & 18 volts are switched to select polarity in an LNBF.

With an ortho feed like you specified, two LNBs are used.
They need higher voltage in the range: 18-24v
On the ortho, selecting polarities is handled in a multiswitch.
Your 13-18 volts selects which of your two LNBs is used, but the both need 18 v minimum

Oh ok.

So I wouldn't need a servo motor though with the dual feedhorn and multiswitch, as that would become redundant?

That eBay feedhorn uses one each C-band & Ku band LNB, and a servo.
Not what the OP said he was looking for.

If there is a servo motor in one's setup, will you notice a delay when changing channels that go from horizontal to vertical polarity?

The title of the auction was incorrect, the actual item that was pictured was a Chap C-band ortho feed.
When a seller can't make his picture match his words, I won't get involved.However, snagging a used Chaparral C-band Ortho feed for $25-40, is a decent deal.It's the dual band orthos which are outrageously priced.

Mike Kohl said on sattalk tonight they may be in a position to officially announce some new dish's in a week I believe he said 7.5 and 6 foot c-band dish's.

:)

Mike Kohl said on sattalk tonight they may be in a position to officially announce some new dish's in a week I believe he said 7.5 and 6 foot c-band dish's.

:)

Interesting.

Not sure of the pricing yet. But I sure hope its under $1,000 hard sell for c-band always but at $2,000 too much what are we back in the 80's LOL!!

Sattalk? Is this a radio show?

A 7.5ft Mesh would be sweet... assuming the price is right. IIRC, my folks paid 3k for their setup back in the day. However being produced in Michigan which isnt exactly next door, shipping would be a bonafide b****.

Cheers, K

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)