Where (we) Angles fear to Tread !

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did not say that they do. I mentioned my cable company may be getting the program illegally (not dish)

Greggor I thought there were program brokers in the Carribean for that? I know Dish will do Puerto Rico with no issues

If your cable company is receiving copyrighted programming (whether or not it is encrypted at the source) and re-transmitting it without authorization, that's getting into a whole other level of legal trouble.

If one of us were to re-transmit, say, an RTN channel from G-10R, and offer it in a subscription package, that is most definitely criminal copyright infringement. While it is OK for us to view that channel in the privacy of our own home, re-distributing it is strictly taboo.

That was the case even before the DMCA...

Views

wescopc,
You may not be aware, but I’m on a very limited internet connection, I have to download/save the Post Page, read it offline, write a reply in .doc on my Computer, then the next day, paste/post that reply. So, there’s a profound LAG in my replies.

As I said yesterday, if you don’t ask, you don’t know, but I cautiously disagree with you, concerning the “competition” issue, you mentioned in your post.

My experience with these guys, is, with amazement. I see “them” posting in the THOUSANDS of replies. Somehow, I just don’t think they have time to laugh, given the preponderance of information, that’s put out through their apparent extensive experience, and monumental patience, with guys like me, anyway!

I find this website to be a (young) Star, in a Galaxy of a LOT of crap! I appreciate every single word, lent to me in good faith, them trying to keep me out of trouble, and persevering with my plight, to get my system running.

Please don’t think I’m bitching at you, I just think that it’s real easy to overlook the honest approach to FTA, which is often abused by “others”. Though I haven’t read all the post you may be forming your opinion from, I for one, support, and I guess defend the Moderators, but, I’m glad you said, what you said. Actually, it only supports the “straight forward” approach I find here on this site.

I guess it gives guys like you and me, an opportunity to present opposing views.
Never the less, I respect yours.

I believe that this Site could go out of existence very quickly, IF there wasn’t very strict compliance against hacking, and I definitely would not want that to happen.

icstephen,
Anyone who calls somebodies new Dish a “dickfer”, should be flamed ! :p

Houston said:
icstephen,
Anyone who calls somebodies new Dish a “dickfer”, should be flamed ! :p

yea I know...all I ask is that you wait to January to start flaming me becouse it is too darn hot right now:eek:

Comments about my comments

Houston
Thanks for your thoughts. If you go to this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=69481

Perhaps you can see how someone may actually be new and not understand that what he is doing is illegal. Now I am suspicious when I read this post, but I am not convinced that he knows he is doing wrong.

I too very much appreciate the no hacking stance of this site.

I have a dish pointed at 61.5 for Sky Angel (with a lifetime sub)

And a 36" FTA dish.

IF I were new to this site and were to ask a question in such a way about my dish(es) setup that someone thought I was hacking and gave me the 30 second ban it would hurt a lot.

The mods do a great job answering questions and my hat is off to them for their labor of love for all of us that FTA.

So, if I ask a really far out question, please cut me some slack. I want to be law abiding FTAer, if I say something that sounds as if I am not, please be gentle!

Bob

So, if I ask a really far out question, please cut me some slack. I want to be law abiding FTAer, if I say something that sounds as if I am not, please be gentle!

no problem guys. Once you have a couple posts under your belt and ask something really far out, we're usually pretty cool and ask about it :)

You have to remember some of these "1 post wonders" we PM them and they tell us what they are doing in the PM :)
In most of the threads we ask "what are you trying to pick up"

Larry,
We have folks in our church that have KU setups that don't even know what the word "HACK" means. So warnings would not help them, they are just to naive---
Bob

wescopc said:
Larry,
We have folks in our church that have KU setups that don't even know what the word "HACK" means. So warnings would not help them, they are just to naive---
Bob

I agree, I think we should elaborate when using the word HACK! (stealing Dishnotwork and Bell Vu service) and in all the warnings.

Even half the hackers do not know what it means!

Well in 2 of the 3 there are.
When you register
my post too

only one is when you click on the FTA area and it says "no hack talk"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)