Where's SHOWTIME, TMC IN HD?

LOL I signed up last month. I argued with installer and E* over the phone because I asked for 2 DVR and they gave me 1 Vip722 which can be connected to 2 TV and 1 HD box and claimed that is good for 3 TV's. I canceled my first install even as CSR refused to waive the HD DVR fee or charge me at least same $99 upgrade fee for 2nd HD DVR as the 2nd box was $199, called executive offices to complain etc and they said current promo for new customers is 1 HD DVR for $99 upgrade fee and up to 3 free HD boxes or $199 for 2nd HD DVR. So they rescheduled my appoint for new install with 1 HD DVR and 2 HD Boxes.

Btw I have a prefect credit over 800 credit score as I was able tu re-fi my house last month and I got a discount of 25 bps for having over a 780 credit score.

And to KAB I am not highjacking this thread. I am proving a point that DVR are not free like Hemi claims which is why many people do not have them. Maybe if you been with E* for a couple of years they will give you a free 612 but good luck getting 2 HD DVR for free as a new customers.

When I started with E* I got a 211 and a 622 for Total start up cost of $49. 1 year later I asked if I could 612 . They said yes for $75 ! Now even if I took that deal then $150 invested in equipment for 2 HD DVRs is fantastic. But I didn't and simple asked if they could do better. They said $55. So I said I guess I'll think about it some more. They they came back and said if I signed up for Autopay, we'll give you another 612 for just shipping charge . Well done deal . My 612 Cost a total $20.
I don't know what E* gives new customers. Frankly I don't care because I'll never be a new customer again. But as an excisting customer thats worried about us Having 2 Premiums that are exactly the same ,but on a time delay. Could easily take a max of $75 and Buy an HD DVR. And Have it installed for free. If E* charging you more then $125 for a 722 or $75 for a 612, I guess your credit score isn't as good as you think.

So there are people who only get East feeds and others who only get West, or did I just read something wrong? Maybe I'm lucky to live in Illinois, I get both East and West feeds for my premium chans (HBO, Max, Starz). Used to be the same way for regular chans (for instance, Nick East and West, Disney East and West) until I switched to all HD.

I do agree that they need to finish adding the remaining SD premiums in HD, I would probably go ahead and grab Showtime if it had 4 or 5 HD chans instead of just the one.

Again Hemi I think you are missing the point. You are not a new sub. Sure if you been with D* or E* for more than 1 year and agree to re-up to a new 24 months contract they will discount the hardware somewhat for you. But for new customers they only give you the standard deal take or leave it. They do not care nor do they negotiate at all. Neither does D* for new customers. Also you are on a plan for over $110 per month not a $34.99 plan which I am sure makes a difference too.

Currently the standard promo for the last 2 months has been $99 for first HD DVR and $199 for 2nd HD DVR and that is if you have good credit too as that is there advertised promo on there own web page. You can not lease more than 4 tuners for E* either.

I also called up The Dishstore who wanted to charge me more than E* directly for first 2 DVR but would discount 3rd DVR. They claimed there was no promo currently on Vip722 at all and I would have to pay $199.99 per Vip722.

So sure next year I plan to try to squeeze E* for a 2nd DVR and by the 3rd year I will try to squeeze them for 3rd DVR. But still will take me 2 more years to have DVR in all my rooms.

So people who work on the west coast and do not get home from work till 6-6:30pm we would miss 1/2 of the prime time movies each night. So having both the E and W coast feeds do add value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)