• Total voters

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Depending on how CBS wants to go, it is quite possible that either CSI:Miami or CSI:NY will be cancelled. Rumor has it that if they decide to focus on sitcoms, Rules of Engagement and Rob could both possibly be spared and both will be gone. IMO, Rules has run its course and the writers have not finished their surrogate storyline, it's like they have forgotten. Rob, was OK, but just not that funny or great.

CSI:NY has higher ratings than CSI:Miami averaging 10-11 million viewers as opposed to Miami's low 9 million. For me, NY just has more realistic storylines and better acting. IMO, NY should definitely remain. It's still a solid draw.

S~

Last edited:
I'm torn. I can see one or both returning or leaving. I think it all boils down to how much each show costs to produce and its profitability. To be honest, I think CBS will renew both shows if they get favorable contracts from the star actors (Sinise, Caruso, etc.). If not, they're gone. We shall see.

New York will be gone . I keep reading that it is the less watched of the two Csi shows, also the more procedural driven. Which means more boring . Although to be honest I feel all the Csi shows have outlived their time. Maybe time to move on to something new all together.

NY got decent ratings, especially for a Friday night slot. I thought it lost a lot when Sela Ward came in and the ratings showed it. Getting Caruso off the screen would be a mercy killing (mercy for the fans).

I don't watch either one of them anymore. They are just too much like the original show.

A lot will depend on how well NYC 22 does. I don't see it doing well. We'll see in a couple weeks.

S

One of the things that made the original CSI good was that it was based on real forensic science. You would learn how to solve the case by using real forensics.

But now its just all Hollywood made up stuff. I love it when they have a blurry picture of someone and their computers can focus it perfectly, I like that they can get DNA results instantly. Most of the stuff they do now has me saying to myself how fake the show has gotten.

One of the things that made the original CSI good was that it was based on real forensic science. You would learn how to solve the case by using real forensics.

But now its just all Hollywood made up stuff. I love it when they have a blurry picture of someone and their computers can focus it perfectly, I like that they can get DNA results instantly. Most of the stuff they do now has me saying to myself how fake the show has gotten.

The Original CSI it took actual time to get results ?

The Original CSI it took actual time to get results ?

No, but unlike Miami, they actually process crime scenes at night, and they aren't wearing unrealistic clothing while processing those crime scenes...

csi-miami-larue57.jpg

Wow! Last night's CSI: Miami season finale sure felt like a hurried series finale to me. The end reminded me of how CBS closed-out Numb3rs back in 2010. I hope this isn't the end simply because any show on the air 10-years deserves a better exit. We shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)