Please reply by conversation.

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
Henry Ford said any color you want as long as it's black. Grey seems to be the main color available. If you had a choice which color would you like?

Well, I have dishes in black, grey, tan, and white. I prefer white for offset dishes and either black or dark grey for the BUDs. My reasoning is simply because on offset dishes the only think that gets on them to make them look dirty is white bird poop. And for the BUDS, dead leaves and other such dead plant life collects in the BUD and the darker color doesn't snow that as badly ;)

I keep looking at a silver colored BUD on top of a commercial building nearby. I think it's the original color and looks beautiful in the shining sun. That's my choice. I plan on taking a photo of it when I can park somewhere down the street from it.

Maybe someday it will be mine.:D

This could easily be considered a Gray area, since I learned to spell it g - r - a - y...... But, I think the British might spell it g - r - e - y... whatever.... either way I think I prefer Grey/Gray better than the other colors I've seen.... In case you haven't figured it out yet....??? I voted for Grey....!

I'm not only a grey kind of guy, but prefer it in medium to dark.
Not all the way to black, though.
As for white, I have a Fortec dish that color, and really don't like it.

Bought a cheap can of spray paint for some of my home-made LNB brackets.
It's light grey primer color, and goes well with LNBs, if slightly in contrast to the darker dishes.

Beige / Tan - that way I can claim to have a somewhat color-coordinated dish farm via my 12' paraclipse H-H in the same shade.

G vs G
Yes, absolutely.
Both are fine.
That's why I hot-linked the word in my post above...
... I just forgot to put a line under it, so nobody probably noticed,

I'm also a disc guy, not a disk guy, but that's a how 'nother thread and poll! - :D

I dont care as long as it works :)
Well, if it's a Primestar or other molded commercial dish, it can be fungus or bird-sh*t covered.
It can be red, white, blue, green like a lizard, or pretty much any color.
It can have lightning bolts, smiley faces, or daises painted on it.
I'm not picky - I'll happily take it !
... 'cause we Satellite Guys can always make it work ! - :cool:

In my case the shingles on the roof are forest green so I wouldn't mind the same for the dish , I like the idea of Camouflage .......... kind of like Anole ... blending into my surroundings.

White would be the best for thermal noise performance since it reflects heat. Tan would be next, black would be worst.

In my case the shingles on the roof are forest green so I wouldn't mind the same for the dish , I like the idea of Camouflage .......... kind of like Anole ... blending into my surroundings.
You know I thought of the same thing sonce now I will have three to possible four big dishes in my backyard. Was thinking of making it the sdame color as the pine trees around me so it wouldn't be so eye catching to the neighbors. Like make the poles a brown color and the dishes green. Hmmmmmm gives me something to think about. I would most likely do that to the mesh dishes and keep mthe Birdview the same color. Anyway its food for thought.

Grey is nice since it doesn't look as dirty as it really is when it gets dusty and dirty over time. Black = bad since you will eventually have to touch the thing, and in 90 degree weather, anything that's black is going to need an oven mitt... White might be ok for the same reason black is bad, but grey would be better for the dirt and dust issue.

For those of you who still have the white-cream colored BUD's, (fiberglass), if you have to clean the dish, one bottle of regular Tilex will work on a 6 ft dish, 8 ft.=2 bottles, 10 ft.=2 to 3 bottles. Hook-up a brush that isn't rough bristle wise, (brush for car tire chrome worked for me), rig it up to a paint roller extender, spray the dish, scrub the dish and then rinse with a water hose. The reason for the paint brush extender is so you can clean from the ground without worrying falling off the ladder. It might take 2 extenders depending on the size of dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.