Which Dish remote/remotes do you have/use?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I only have one receiver (Hopper 3 with OTA dual tuner) and have the 54.0, the 50.0, and the 40.0. I really only use the 54.0 remote though. I thought the other remotes would be worth it but now I don't know why I bought them.

Reactions: Chuck Summers
I've got 40.0, 50.0, 52.0 and 54.0 and use them all at different locations. For instance the 54.0 backlight is nice for the recliner when I watch in the dark, the 52.0 is nice to turn off just the TV, and the 40.0 is nice at my desk because it has all the buttons. The 50.0 with the funky touchpad is probably my least used ones. :)

I've got 40.0, 50.0, 52.0 and 54.0 and use them all at different locations. For instance the 54.0 backlight is nice for the recliner when I watch in the dark, the 52.0 is nice to turn off just the TV, and the 40.0 is nice at my desk because it has all the buttons. The 50.0 with the funky touchpad is probably my least used ones. :)
The 54.0 is super nice in the bedroom too watching TV with all the lites off.

WOW, I have a 55" Samsung 3D in our bedroom with a 4K Joey. Wish is was 65"

My 4K 3D TV was a gift. I can’t afford a second TV right now. I plan on going to trade school to change that.

PS. My TV is a Sony 65 incher. I also use other apps besides provider apps for specific channels and shows on my Roku Ultra, iPhone X, and Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Primarily use my Harmony in the Living Room with the main Home Theater setup. Finally dropped the 40 in favor of the the 54 in the bedroom when the 54 came out due to the size and backlight.

The 50 was mainly a gimmick, IMO. The tech was cool, but the result was clearly more form than function, usability-wise. I was pretty "meh" on the 52 w/ lack of voice/backlight and all generic buttons. 54 is the sweet spot of the post-40 remotes. My only major dislike with all of them (50/52/54) is that I despise having the FF/REW and Skip Forward/Skip Back combined on the same buttons.

Reactions: HipKat and pattykay
I usually buy the new remotes to try them out. I bought a 52, played with it for a while but went back to my 40.0. I have a 54 on order and will play with it but I suspect I'll be reverting back to the 40.0.

Reactions: JSheridan
I exclusively use 40.0 remotes in every location in the house.

Question, is there a way to delete a whole series of recordings with the 40.0 without doing it individually? That’s the prime reason the 40.0 is not my primary remote, otherwise it would be (except when I want to use the voice feature, that is...).

Question, is there a way to delete a whole series of recordings with the 40.0 without doing it individually? That’s the prime reason the 40.0 is not my primary remote, otherwise it would be (except when I want to use the voice feature, that is...).

I know I've done that by pressing the blue button when a series is highlighted in the DVR screen. I am not certain that the option to use the blue button to delete is always there though.

I know I've done that by pressing the blue button when a series is highlighted in the DVR screen. I am not certain that the option to use the blue button to delete is always there though.

Blue button works as long as there is not an active recording in progress within the folder/series...same as with the corresponding buttons on the other remotes.