Which Dish remote/remotes do you have/use?

I have said this before, but I get my batteries at Harbor Freight Tools. Yes, they are generic, but with a coupon they come free with any purchase. They may not last as long as the major brands, but I can afford to change them more often, since they do not cost that much.

The Hopper user interface and remote controller(s) were designed to meet the needs of the majority of Dish subscribers. Unfortunately, I an not an average subscriber because I use the Hopper as a video recorder, not to watch anything live. As a result, I find the Hopper's power on (Home) screen both unnecessary and a potential spoiler threat (revealing scores of sports events I recorded and have not yet watched). I use a Logitech Harmony Ultimate programmable controller to power up the Hopper overriding the standard Home screen with the DVR recordings screen and to implement one-button commands for jumping past commercial breaks an other predictable delays such as football halftime shows.

The Hopper user interface and remote controller(s) were designed to meet the needs of the majority of Dish subscribers. Unfortunately, I an not an average subscriber because I use the Hopper as a video recorder, not to watch anything live. As a result, I find the Hopper's power on (Home) screen both unnecessary and a potential spoiler threat (revealing scores of sports events I recorded and have not yet watched). I use a Logitech Harmony Ultimate programmable controller to power up the Hopper overriding the standard Home screen with the DVR recordings screen and to implement one-button commands for jumping past commercial breaks an other predictable delays such as football halftime shows.

There's a setting in the Settings\Power section where you can decide whether you want the Home Screen, The Smart Channel or The Last Channel Tuned when you power on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)