Which Dish setup do you have?

Which Dish setup do you have?

• Total voters
You're on WA? Do you have a choice between WA & EA? Is there any real difference for you?
Ghpr13:)

I know when 77W was added originally folks got wing dishes for 77. SO they had WA + 77W
The reason was only the Big 4 were in HD so they needed WA for the "other" SD locals

Now dish does EA installs as the locals are all on 77W

My original setup was two D500's, side by side, driving a 4900, a 4700, and a 1000. I guess that installer didn't like sw64's. Whatever the reason it worked well, save for one sw21 going out, for many years.

When I went HD the installer was shaking his head at the line of sight but removed one of the 500's. replaced it with a 300, and used the then new dpp lnb's. Back then in the Pacific Northwest wing dishes were the norm as 129 was weak and wobbly.

In the end I'm glad he put up a wing dish as after of couple of years I had to move the 300 halfway across the roof to get decent signals off of 129 again. Blasted trees keep growing. One thing about the good old 300, since it's only looking at one slot it's easy to aim and peak.

Maybe he doesn't have LOS for 61.5 and 72.7? His locals are only on Eastern Arc.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dnall?=true&market=Louisville,%20KY

I know when 77W was added originally folks got wing dishes for 77. SO they had WA + 77W
The reason was only the Big 4 were in HD so they needed WA for the "other" SD locals

Now dish does EA installs as the locals are all on 77W

Thanks guys...Just was wondering since I'm in the same location as gdarwin.
Ghpr13:)

Mixed Arc

I have 119/110 that was installed April 2001 and then 61.5 was installed at a later date for 1 local channel. Then HD channels started appearing and Dish attempted to install a 129 but due to a hill to the west, declined to install. I called back and requested just the national HD channels from 61.5 and the CSR said "sure". Was this way for quite a while and then BBCA was available in HD. Waited for a fair while and called Dish. They wanted $99 for installing additional dish(es). A friend gave me a 500 with a quad LNB and I am using that for 72.7 and added that to the DPP44 in the basement and now have the HD channels that I want. Would this be considered a "Mixed Arc"????? Anywho, that's what I selected. CBeebies just showed up on 77 and IF BBC World ends up there, I'll need to figure out what dish to move to get 77 to get BBC World. :)

SO I have WA today, but 119 is getting blocked by tress more and more. I have 2 dishes today it appears one points to 119/110 the other to 129. Can I just have them swing those 2 dishes to the EA 61.5 72.7 and 77? If so what will the pairing be, are 72.7 and 77 close enough to use one dish with 61.5 on the other? All I need is on EA, I just don't know if I want to have a big ass wind catcher dish with braces, vs. the 2 tried and true units that have been up there for years.

updated the setup ;)

Directv Phase II for 110/119 (the one with the removable LNB's)
36" dish for 129
All into a SW31 switch (yes SW31)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)