Which dish should I expect?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tigereye1138

Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
I recently ordered D* through a 3rd party website, and have an install scheduled for tomorrow. I've got an R-15 and a standard receiver coming (no HD at this point). I'm wanting to get Total Choice Plus and my locals (Cincinnati). I don't recall there any discussion when I ordered about a specific dish or anything, so am just curious what the current "default" dish is. I'm hoping at least a Phase 3 so that I can get HD at some point, but wasn't sure.

Just curious what I should reasonably expect the installer to come with tomorrow?

To throw a monkey wrench into this, too, I've got an existing 18" single LNB from the previous owner still mounted on the roof, and I'm concerned that the installer will try to convince me that he can use that to get out of installing a new one.

Thanks,

Mike

For core SD programming, expect the standard 18" round dish, the triple lnb would be default for HD where mpeg2 is still being used, or you need para todos, although, they are supposed to use the AT9 instead of the phase III for HD installs.

What I did, was order a phase III from them after the round was installed, it was only 50 bucks, installed, and I got to keep the 18" for backup.

IMO, you should just take what they give you, then when you do want HD, they will probably give you the dish upgrade free, and you may even end up with the new slimline AT9.

You could always get on the roof, and take the dish (not the mount) off before the installer arrives.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)