Which E* HD Receiver has the best OTA

CustM

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Thought this would get a better response here VS the OTA forum.

I am replacing an old 6000 which was a terrible OTA reciever with the 8VSB add on module. I am in a tough area with many multi path problems but have a CM 4228 with a CM 7777 pre amp that can do the best job.

So which current Dish HD box has the best OTA tuner ?

Thanks,

CustM

I went from a 6000 to a 921 to a 622. It got better each time.

I have a DTVPal and it gets even better OTA reception than the 622 does. So just get the freshest HD receiver out there.

Which at this time is the 722.

Thought this would get a better response here VS the OTA forum.

I am replacing an old 6000 which was a terrible OTA reciever with the 8VSB add on module. I am in a tough area with many multi path problems but have a CM 4228 with a CM 7777 pre amp that can do the best job.

So which current Dish HD box has the best OTA tuner ?

Thanks,

CustM

None of them compare to the 6th generation ATSC tuners in the CECB converter boxes. I think that at best some my have a 4th generation ATSC tuner. I have a 211 and a 222. The 211 is ALMOST on a par with my LG LST4200A HDTV receiver, which was the gold standard of 3rd generation tuners. The 222 may have a 4th generation tuner, but it is just basically the equal of my LG and less capable than the ATSC tuner that came with the Samsung LNT3253H that I bought last December. Yes, being the newest Dish receiver, the odds are that the 722 will be the best for OTA DTV, buy YMMV.

I've had excellent reception with all my receivers and indoor antennas .Its probably more a question of your location.

built in Mits

all had/have excellent hd ota reception

Thanks for the input.

I ended up buying a 222 as I did not need a DVR (or the fee)

It was the 4th OTA receiver I have purchased. 6000 was first, then an Accurian and the last before this was a Phillips DVDR3575H. The Phillips has the best tuner but the 222 is about on par with it.

The only gripe I have about the 222 is the signal strength meter will not show flash. It has to fully "lock" to read it, that makes tough signals hard to tweak.

I am loving the new 222 and so far seems to be very stable.:eek:

CustM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts