Which Franchise Rules Your City?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
in the bay area we are a HUGH football DMA....

Betweam 49er's/Raiders to Stanford/Cal/San Jose State to Gianst/A's

I would have to say the 49er's as they were the last team here to be Champions...but their legacy is running thin cos they have been loser's of late.

ESPN - ESPN The Magazine
And there will never come a day when the Eagles aren't #1 in Philly. Never.
Agreed. The only way that the Phillies would replace the Iggles at #1 is if Howard, Utley and company would win 3-4 World Series in a row; while making the Braves and Mets look foolish in the process. Until that happens, Bean-town Jeffy owns THE Philly franchise. (I suppose the same could be said for the Sixers if they ever find the second coming of MJ or the Flyers get the second coming of Gretzky; instead they give us AI and Eric Lindros...)

Agreed. The only way that the Phillies would replace the Iggles at #1 is if Howard, Utley and company would win 3-4 World Series in a row; while making the Braves and Mets look foolish in the process. Until that happens, Bean-town Jeffy owns THE Philly franchise. (I suppose the same could be said for the Sixers if they ever find the second coming of MJ or the Flyers get the second coming of Gretzky; instead they give us AI and Eric Lindros...)
I spent some time in Philly in the mid '70s, while Bobby Clarke, Harold Carmichael and Steve Carlton were all in their primes. That town was crazy all year 'round. :) I think the Flyers ruled the town at the time.

I live in Mason, 25 miles north of Cincinnati. As for the NFL, it's dominated by the Bengals here, but every once in a while I see someone shooting the finger at a Browns or Steelers fan.

Colleges, I'd say tOSU, with a few fans of UC, Xavier, and Miami of Ohio (and as far as I know, only one LSU fan). Mostly angry tOSU fans though.

But the franchise that dominates it all would be the Cincinnati Reds, no doubt about it.

Last edited:
Since we don't have pro sports here, plus the large military community overall there isn't a big core group for one team. The most popular team here is the LA Lakers, this use to be a big 49er town but has all but died out since they have struggled for many years.

As for University of Hawaii, because of the lack of any other team here, this is a TV market. People here are just so use to watching games on TV that going to games just isn't that big here and hurts UH in getting fans to the games.

I spent some time in Philly in the mid '70s, while Bobby Clarke, Harold Carmichael and Steve Carlton were all in their primes. That town was crazy all year 'round. :) I think the Flyers ruled the town at the time.

Now during Flyers games you can hear the E A G L E S - EAGLES chant.

Unfortunately, we have the AHL penguins in my area so they rule my town. I play hockey with Tux their mascot and love to take out my hatred of the little Pens on him.
He was doing a kids B-day party at the same bowling rink as a party my son was at and I was jokingly harassing him and got attacked by a bunch of 5 year olds. I had to explain to the parents that we were friends. If not I was going to get my ass kicked by parents and kids alike.
The players are local heroes even though the captain was arrested for streaking after a heavy night of drinking earlier this year. To make it even worse, my parents are huge fans and my mother worships the players. It is a bit scary.