OTHER Which is Best

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Kinda depends on what your set-up is and what you want. For the most part though USALS works pretty good.

USALS for a H to H Ku setup, yes. However USALS won't work with a Cband Prime Focus linear actuator.

Very true, I was thinking the OP was mentioned in another post that he was using Ku only, maybe I'm wrong. :eek:

Very true, I was thinking the OP was mentioned in another post that he was using Ku only, maybe I'm wrong. :eek:

Hadn't seen his other post but on this one there really wasn't enough info so we could be more "specific". Would be great if everyone would list their "stuff" in their signature like a lot of us do here. That way we'd know what he (and others) were using.

USALS works best; because it does all the moving for you when you program (and you do not program a satellite position; it knows with math). DISEq 1.2 requires you to number your satellites position, and move to each before programming or saving them.

Also, if your dish is out of alignment; USALS will not work!

Richyrich,
"USALS works best; because it does all the moving for you when you program (and you do not program a satellite position; it knows with math). DISEq 1.2 requires you to number your satellites position, and move to each before programming or saving them.

Also, if your dish is out of alignment; USALS will not work! "

Your last sentence leaves the impression that DISEq 1.2 will work if the dish is out of alignment.
If the dish is not tracking the arc correctly then neither method will work.

USALS has already calculated the perfect arc the dish must move in. All the dish must do is move through the arc using the entry of a location on earth. 1.2 requires each location of each satellite to be entered. And yes, they both still work when the dish is or is not perfect; they just don't work "perfectly"!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)