Which is the Best HD receiver for DVI?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HDTV Rookie said:
The problem is that I am not a regular D* subscriber. I only subscibe to the NFL ticket and they know this.

And even if I did get them to give me the receiver for free, they would expect a commitment in return, which I am not willing to make since I am already with E*

Your only other option would be ebay or buying it at a retailer. In either case though when you go to activate it they most likely are going to ask you to commit to a one year contract.

Back in Feb this year I upgraded to a HD box through the Customer Retention. They gave me the box for $99, at the time I think they were still selling at Best Buy and Circuit City for $599. The box is a Samsung SIR-TS160, I believe the 360 has replaced my unit now. The box has given me no problems at all, so if the new Samsung is as good or better I could easily recommend it. The caller ID feature is great too.

The $99 deal worked out like this if I remember correctly.
I paid $499 for the box but received a $400 credit on my Direct TV Bill. So I guess the box in reality cost more than $99 but you see what I mean. Never tried the threat to cancel (=free box) but I wonder if I can get a free HD-Tivo if I try it :) .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts