Which is the Best HD receiver for DVI?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HDTV Rookie said:
The problem is that I am not a regular D* subscriber. I only subscibe to the NFL ticket and they know this.

And even if I did get them to give me the receiver for free, they would expect a commitment in return, which I am not willing to make since I am already with E*

Your only other option would be ebay or buying it at a retailer. In either case though when you go to activate it they most likely are going to ask you to commit to a one year contract.

Back in Feb this year I upgraded to a HD box through the Customer Retention. They gave me the box for $99, at the time I think they were still selling at Best Buy and Circuit City for $599. The box is a Samsung SIR-TS160, I believe the 360 has replaced my unit now. The box has given me no problems at all, so if the new Samsung is as good or better I could easily recommend it. The caller ID feature is great too.

The $99 deal worked out like this if I remember correctly.
I paid $499 for the box but received a $400 credit on my Direct TV Bill. So I guess the box in reality cost more than $99 but you see what I mean. Never tried the threat to cancel (=free box) but I wonder if I can get a free HD-Tivo if I try it :) .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)