Which LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
The 6foot dish which I just bought came with a Sharp Cirunlar LNB with a diameter of about 32.5 mms which I guess was used on Dish or Directv.
Now what I need is a linear Ku LNB to recieve FTA signals but with a similar throat diameter of about 32.5 mms. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks
Tony

Here is a pic of the dishLNB :-

P1010038.JPG

Thanks

Tony

Thanks Lak7. I just took it to pieces and found that here was a kind of spacer ring to adapt that LNB to a 40mm diam clamp.
So any 40mm LNB will work. Any recomendations ?
Tony

You are right it is the sharp lnb for dtv. I dont understand spanish very well Is it just a matter of carefully removing the flange you hav highlighted in red ?
Many thanks
Tony

You are right it is the sharp lnb for dtv. I dont understand spanish very well Is it just a matter of carefully removing the flange you hav highlighted in red ?
Many thanks
Tony

Yes remove the Flange with a Dremel, be very carefull not to drop waste inside the throat; if you compromise the element at the bottom of the neck the LNBF will be useless.

Once you have removed the flange then you have to set up your FTA with L.O. to 10.500

Also remember now the LNBF is lineal you have to adjust also skew in order to receive.

Good Luck!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)