Which Pack Will You Pick??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I log into my websams H2H account I see a few mini-packs.

H2H_DISC PAK
H2H_MTV PAK
H2H_SPORTS PAK
H2H_HORSE-RACE
H2H-HORSERACE-2

I added the MTV pack to a 410 this week.

Attachments

• mtv.JPG
    mtv.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 193
Thanks. Did you know you can get a .info domain from GoDaddy for $1.99 for the first year?

If you use godaddy coupon code "Holiday99" you get .com domain for just .99 cents

The Pick 10 Pack I have now. We actually watch 7 out of the ten. A lot better than watching 10 or so from the hundreds that Dish and Direct offer.

Thanks. Did you know you can get a .info domain from GoDaddy for $1.99 for the first year?

GoDaddy blows. They have pulled fast ones on clients I have who migrated over to me after being screwed. They like to steal your domain name if you try to move it to someone else. I deal with Dreamhost and could get a domain for the 4D site but it really don't make a difference. Where I put it now is got ton's of bandwidth & webspace and by just using a sub directory works fine. I did submit it to Google and did SEO on it. That takes some time to get through the system, eventually it will show up under it's own heading on Google.

I was thinking about possibly down the road seeing if I can get some good ties with suppliers of Mpeg 4 S2 HD receivers and sat stuff and give some great prices for the hobbiest. I'm waiting till the Manhattan gets out there and see how that performs. I really love satellite stuff and would love to just do that for a living. Unfortunately in this economy and being in business for myself. I have to do many different things to keep my business going.

The Pick 10 Pack I have now. We actually watch 7 out of the ten. A lot better than watching 10 or so from the hundreds that Dish and Direct offer.

I have Choice Xtra with Direct and honestly I watch a handful of channels. I go round and round with the guide and always end up on the same channels I like. Like that song 500 channels and nothing on. Big packages are for the birds. I'm an old C band ala carte user and enjoyed that immensely for many years.

The problem I'm having is that the 3 channels my household spends the most time watching (Food, Discovery, TLC) are not available in any of the packages. In speaking with my wife, it's most likely going to end up being a deal killer for us. It'll be OTA (and possibly Netflix) for the future. I just can't buy into the argument that if I subscribe now, there might be a change down the road that adds those channels. W5 is just missing too many of the prime channels (for many, it is the lack of news networks) to be fully viable.

I've always loved 4DTV because it let us get the channels we wanted to watch without all of the fluff out there. But now it appears that the opposite is true. I can still subscribe to some of the fluff, but can't get the channels I want to watch.

I'll continue to watch these forums and the Programming Center/Skyvision websites to see if there are any changes. So for now, my plan is to leave my 920 free to be a dish mover and see what happens after the first of the year. I'm bummed that it has come to this.

i wonder since now it a fixed dish system maybe they can work in a deal with hits like there cable boxs and lets us have a second receiver for another 8 to 10 bucks a month. i think if comcast did this they would sure be alot more folks sign up, beside they already do this with cable system so i dotn see it being a problem

i wonder since now it a fixed dish system maybe they can work in a deal with hits like there cable boxs and lets us have a second receiver for another 8 to 10 bucks a month. i think if comcast did this they would sure be alot more folks sign up, beside they already do this with cable system so i dotn see it being a problem

I agree.

The units have phone jacks to dial-in to confirm same location.

I'm an old C band ala carte user and enjoyed that immensely for many years.

That is the exact reason I got out of Satellite TV for a couple of years. All the Ala cart channels I subscribed to went South. We just watched OTA. We are over 100 miles from our local channels but the county had re-transmission towers (I think that's what they are called) for our area. Then long before OTA was upgraded to digital (HD) the county started putting out the word that they had no money to upgrade to digital. And still have no plans to. That when I got back into Satellite TV (FTA). If more Ala cart selections were available I would increase my subscription.

Vent---ON:sob:
It's strange that the county can support illegal's but not the tax payers.
Vent---Off:sob:

I will be going with the deluxe pack and the starz pack in the new year. I will do my part in helping to keep C-band alive, Hopefully more people do the same.

Mike Kohl said Wednesday that they are working on some other smaller packages so this is good. I don't see pizza doing anything new :(

i think we all should sub to something to build up the numbers. i think if we can get the number up to 10 to 15k people comcast might give us better looking at,
heck even alacarting scifi for 5 bucks a month counts let hope us cbanders stick together on this one and see if we can make a cband dish still useful for paid programming

Last edited:
I'm already subbing a 905 on SRL, 2 922s + a 920 on Skyvision & a 410 on H2H on ala carte & minor packages. Current subs weigh in for tomorrows market.
You know the beancounters at Comcast have to checking sub numbers already to forecast what their profit margin will be next year.

We all need to get something. I have the MTV mini pack even though some of those stations I already sub on Direct. I'm doing my part.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)