Which satellite?

mazjim

Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
In this far southern location I was asked by a snowbird how to be sure they're aligned with the right Starchoice satellite? Perhaps I'm trying to overly simplify alignment and the answer to my question can't be just yes or no!

Basically I'm asking:

1) If a receiver is on chan 299
2) It's a quad lnb on an elliptical dish
3) key in 4128 and you get the green message "correct signal found"
4) satellite shows A4

Can one be certain you are correctly aligned on the F1R satellite?

As a side note, SC has done a "rehit" as the box had been unplugged for a couple of months. The trip counter did increment however there is no reception on any channel.

what receiver do you have?

Some boxes you can press options 6-0-5 right arrow to diagnostic C screen. IN the corner there will be a number that will say like +7.0 or -3.0 etc.....if you are on F1 that number should move.

reason I ask which reciever is some boxes this wont work..there is another sequence of numbers to get to that screen

If you are hitting 107, you will get video on 299

From what I understand, if you get 299 via 111, you will not get any video/audio. If you are getting 299 via 107, you will get audio/video from 299 (currently showing Christmas/Holidays fire log channel). Hope this helps. Further, like Iceberg says, you need to provide receiver information for menu info.

Thanks for the two replies. I appreciate you both taking time to give me some info.

It was a 207 receiver and the diag C screen was changing. The highest was +3.2. From what dish_dtv says it's still possible to be on the wrong satellite. I'll pass on that information.

Regards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts