Which side to mount the actuator?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GetBit03

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
St. Louis MO.
Ok guys got a question I finally have my C-Band dish moving after 10 years and I've noticed the dish moves further west than east. My location is 38.38N 90.41W. I've read and it is a toss up on which side I should mount the actuator. The dish is set up for the west side and I would have to flip the mount to go on the east side. Question is which side do I want?? I think I'm missing sats on the east side, it doesn't seem like its tracking very Far East before it binds on the mount, but will track west far past 135deg. Do I want the east sats or the west sats?? Thanks.

Ok I'm for sure not going to 43deg. I need the short side on the west so I can travel farther to the east. Dang I don't want to flip the mount. BLAH.....

I'm in Virginia and my arms on both systems are on the West side. I'm able to get from 139w back East to 37w on both systems and the SAMI will go a little further than the Winegard. I run into trees just past 37w though so I never bothered going any further. The Winegard arm will bind up just past 37w.

I'm in Virginia and my arms on both systems are on the West side. I'm able to get from 139w back East to 37w on both systems and the SAMI will go a little further than the Winegard. I run into trees just past 37w though so I never bothered going any further. The Winegard arm will bind up just past 37w.

What size Superjack do u have on your 7.5'?

As the arm extendeds to its maximum length it becomes less accurate and more prone to flopping. Almost no where will you have the exact same range of visible satellites from east of your cords as west of your cords. So you mount the motor on the same side as your lowest visible satellite.

UDL

Thanks guys! Gotta flip the dish mount is on the wrong side! My Monterey 90 died today and I'm lost without it. There hard to find. Idk what I'm gonna do?? Using an Nextwave IQ prism right now and it sucks bad.

I have a nice toshiba TRX-2222 but still decided to build my own controller from an Arduino, so much nicer being able to move the dish from the computer as all my tuners are on the computer.

UDL

I know east would be best I have a clear shot of both sides, but I do not have a mount for the actuator on the east side. With it mounted on the west side I'm getting so far down to 55.5w reliably. I may be able to get more but that's all I've scanned so far. I'm happy with that right now until I weld a tab to the east side later. There really isn't much English programing past 58w anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts