Which tv would you get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Get a Sony forget the stupid asumptions. Even if they do partner with a big manufaturing company (which I doubt they do for their televisions) it must be made with Sony parts and to Sony's specs. A lot of electronics and appliances are made all at one factory but the companies use different quality parts. That's why there's a price difference and a difference in quaity. Sometimes it may be just different features in which those features are what make the product much nicer than the similar generic one. I think in the case of TV's Sony would never let someone put their name on a TV set. And LCD's do outlast CRT TV's. They're on top of the Blu-Ray HD home theatre business which includes TV's. You pay for what you get.

Do a search on the net. TPV Technology and Wistron are the two major LCD TV OEM/ODM partners for Sony. Sony TVs don't even use Sony made lcd panels...:rolleyes:

Fools Paradise

Get a Sony forget the stupid asumptions. Even if they do partner with a big manufaturing company (which I doubt they do for their televisions) it must be made with Sony parts and to Sony's specs. A lot of electronics and appliances are made all at one factory but the companies use different quality parts. That's why there's a price difference and a difference in quaity. Sometimes it may be just different features in which those features are what make the product much nicer than the similar generic one. I think in the case of TV's Sony would never let someone put their name on a TV set. And LCD's do outlast CRT TV's. They're on top of the Blu-Ray HD home theatre business which includes TV's. You pay for what you get.

You seem to be living in a fools paradise. It's probably due to the fact that you own a $ony TV. But as an engineer I have had to work on their stuff. They don't have anything different inside the set than the manufacture puts in their own sets. The difference in their "workings" has nothing more than to do with loading a different S/W into the same hardware. So if it makes you feel good continue to pay more for 4 little letters.

Excuse me I own 2. One is brand new. I know they're good TV's. And you're an engineer so we have to accept what you say oh boy. You get what you pay for period.

No

Excuse me I own 2. One is brand new. I know they're good TV's. And you're an engineer so we have to accept what you say oh boy. You get what you pay for period.

You don't have to take my word but I'm just giving you info that we have found out. $ony doesn't build hardly anything but charges you for the name. getstuff4less has told you where they get their panels now, I have told you where they got them in the past. Get a clue over & over we keep telling you that people are just paying for the marketing. They aren't any better quality than the parts that they use. Since you own 2 you want to feel that they are the best we understand that but don't play ostrich on us.

I know they're good TV's. And you're an engineer so we have to accept what you say oh boy. You get what you pay for period.

1 - Well, they're not bad TVs...
2 - Don't take the broadcast engineer's word for it...take everyone else's word.
3 - ...unless you pay for something that you don't get, or could have gotten it elsewhere without paying for.

Just because your WEGA from 1996 still works (lots do) doesn't mean that Sony FPDs are going to be as reliable. Sony doesn't make projection screens anymore, and it's pretty clear why. The Sony killer for me is that I've seen a lot of Sony support failures go down; slow to respond, hard to get parts, not always a permanent fix.

Dude, you love your TVs, we get it. If I had a den or a master suite that needed a TV, I'd get an XBR 32" screen and a HT-CT100 soundbar to go with it, just because Bravia Sync is nice...but I can't in good conscience tell someone to spend extra money on a Sony, and there's almost always extra money for a Sony.

Panasonic 50-inch Plasma TC-P50X1 720p/1080i LCD HDTV for $669 @ Dell.com

From bargainshare.com
Overview. The X1 series Plasma HDTVs are ideal for sports, movies and gaming, with crisp, focused images during fast-moving scenes. The 50" Class (49.9" diagonal) VIERA X1 series Plasma 720p HDTV comes with 600Hz sub-field drive for crisp, focused images, VIERA Image Viewer for easy photo sharing, and VIERA Link to control all compatible devices with a single remote. Manufacturer Part# : TC-P50X1. Dell Part# : A2612466.
A2612466.JPG

How to get this deal:

1. Click here to go to Dell.com
2. Add to Shopping cart for $999
3. Final Price: $999 - $330 instant = $669 + Free Shipping + State Tax may apply

NOTE: This is a 720p/1080i set.

Well don't buy a good TV. Buy one that you won't be satisfied with and that breaks down quick or quicker because nothing is full proof. If you love Samsung buy a Samsung but from experience with them I know the company does not put out as high quality stuff as Sony. It may last you awhile but I bet I'll be selling my old Sony (that still works) getting money for a new Sony and you'll be putting your Samsung on the curb. But some people don't want anything nice I guess. :)

i own to vizio tvs' both have decent pictures. stay away from the new vt sseries. get xvt or sv series. i also own a panny 46 " g10 (tc-p46g10). nothing compares to it. go to youtube and check out panasonic g10 review from attack of the show. they talked me into this one and i am greatful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)