Which would you choose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
If you were able to convince the wife :up that you just had to have another STB. Which would you pick from the three below.

PANSAT 9200HD with Optional DVB-S2 8PSK add on board.

AZBox HD Elite

Vantage HD1100S

I'm leaning toward the Pansat for a couple of reasons. Pansat seems to have better US support (just my opinion). I have a Pansat 3500s and understand that the menus are about the same as the 9200HD. My second choice would be the AZBox but it cannot blind scan at this time. Last would be the Vantage because of the stutter issue on high bit rate HD feeds.

I have not used any of the above so don't really know what I'm talking about. I don't want to spend Big $ just to find out that I picked the wrong box.

I understand that The AZBox has no S2 blind scan but it's being worked on. Anyone know if the blind scan will be a software or hardware fix.

To bad I don't have any dealers close by so I could test drive each box and see which one best suited my desires.

I'll have to live with what I pick. Otherwise the wife will kill me then put me on restriction :rant:.

Thanks

JAS

I already have the AZbox, so it's between the Pansat and the Vantage. If there were no price difference, I'd get the Pansat, because it's a known good name. The Vantage is more buggy, but is a fast and accurate blindscanner and the price difference is about a $100 . On balance, I think I vote for the AZbox first, Pansat 2d, Vantage 3d. The AZbox is a must have because of its 4:2:2 support.
:)

I would go with the AZBox because of 4:2:2. I do mostly feed hunting, and a lot of stuff is in 4:2:2. Blind scan does make things easy, but I have my Coolsat 5000 for that, and you can usually find the feed info on "certain" websites :)

I should have mentioned that along with the Pansat 3500s I have a QualiTv 1080IR box for 4.2.2.

JAS

Thanks for all the input. Looks like the Pansat would be the best for my situation.

If my ship ever comes in I'm going to have all three. But, I suspect that by the time my ship arrives there will be something new that's just out of my reach :rant:.

JAS

After many hours of reading and research along with your input I've decided I'm going with the Pansat 9200 hd. Is there a site sponsor who sell the Pansat. I can't seem to find one. I have looked through all the GOLD Sponsors sites and . unless I missed something none of them sell the Pansat. I have done so much reading I could have missed something. If not recommendations appreciated. Not necessarily looking for the lowest price ( but it is a factor) more importantly looking fore someone who will stand behind their product.

Thanks

I dont think any of the gold sponsers sell them

I know Mike Kohl at Global does and he'd stand behind the product :)
global-cm.net

What about the lack of 4:2:2 is this not a concern? I am too torn between the 3 boxes. Just seems like if az box would get blind scan it would be hard to beat. But as it looks now you guys have me going with pansat 9200 and ricks has them with the s2 board already installed.

Last edited:
What about the lack of 4:2:2 is this not a concern? I am too torn between the 3 boxes. Just seems like if az box would get blind scan it would be hard to beat. But as it looks now you guys have me going with pansat 9200 and ricks has them with the s2 board already installed.

Fact is, you can't have everything in one box . You have to make choices . Probably the next box that I get will be the Pansat 9200, since I already have a AZbox Elite . The only problem with MY current setup is lack of DVB-S2 blindscan.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts