hispansat 30.0w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cocolinr19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
canada
hi all i just get this bird on saurday i did it blind scan and i get some channels but telecaribe on tp 11936 s/r 5185 v nothing i need some trick to get this tp my dish is 1.2 m from toronto 90% on quality thanks en other tp is 12170 s/r 5240 v

hi all i just get this bird on saurday i did it blind scan and i get some channels but telecaribe on tp 11936 s/r 5185 v nothing i need some trick to get this tp my dish is 1.2 m from toronto 90% on quality thanks en other tp is 12170 s/r 5240 v

Cocolinr,

Is this TP (11936 V) beamed to your location? You can check this on Lyngsat, SatCoDX or possibly Satbeams.com.

If the TP is not beamed to your location, you won't be able to pick up on it of course. Check this out first.

Secondly, if you have a receiver that has a PID scan, enter the data (TP, SR, VPID, APID, PPID) and try to scan with that. Or, if you have a Coolsat receiver (4, 5 or 6K) try using the Blind Scan with DETAIL symbol rate selected (instead of FULL which is the defualt).

By the way, what level of signal quality are you getting on the rest of the TPs from Hispasat? If they are very low, you might just be on the fringe of the footprint and that might be the reason for not pulling in this one TP. It might just be a little weaker that the rest and your receiver is simply not picking it up. That is just a thought, but I doubt it to be your problem. Hispasat 1C and 1D are very strong signals.

RADAR

Last edited:
from toronto, 1.2 m is an overkill for that bird . i get it with an 80 cm. which receiver are you using?. try manual scan or like acradar said try a pid scan.

well i just saw your problem ,the SR for telecaribe is now 7500 not 5136. btw 12170 v is not an active trnasponder on that bird. check lyngsat.com for more details. try 11940 v as the frecuency for telecaribe.

1.2m is more than enough :)

I used a Starchoice 75e dish to get it here in Minnesota (with 9 elevation)

1.2m is more than enough :)

I used a Starchoice 75e dish to get it here in Minnesota (with 9 elevation)
Thanks guys a get all channels telecaribe i have around 26 channels from the bird the quality on toronto is 90% w/ 1.2 mts. dish

from toronto, 1.2 m is an overkill for that bird . i get it with an 80 cm. which receiver are you using?. try manual scan or like acradar said try a pid scan.

well i just saw your problem ,the SR for telecaribe is now 7500 not 5136. btw 12170 v is not an active trnasponder on that bird. check lyngsat.com for more details. try 11940 v as the frecuency for telecaribe.
every thing is ok my receveirs are coolsat 6000 viewsat 9000hd a get e hd channels w my viewsat9000hd from paraguay to

the "so called HD" channels on that 30W bird are from uruguay acctually. they are not HD , they are SD but PAL since argentina and uruguay uses the european PAL for their analog tv standard. PAL has 625 horizontal lines and that is why probably your viewsat hd as well as my coolsat 8100 hd reports those channels as 1080i. the funny thing is that some other PAL signals from some other birds are reported correctly as SD 480i , well they are not 480i either but they are SD indeed. It could be the fact that those uruguayan channels use DVB-S2 and MPEG4 , who knows.

glad to hear you worked out the problems and now everything is fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)