While watching the "Packer" game...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
I got a call from Dish. They stated that they had noticed I was experiencing intermittent loss of service. Actually, it was the picture freezing for a second or two.

I did have a new roof installed this fall, which probably caused the problem, but considering the snow on my roof, I was content to deal with it till mother nature allowed for some melting time to readjust it myself.

Their reply, was that they were going to send out a technician to take care of the problem, gratis...............

Now, I must admit I was impressed (1), that they seen the problem & (2) they would take this measure to correct same.

He was here on Monday. Did the diagnostic check. Signal strength was in the 20's. Got out his ladder, manuvered it through the 4 foot snow, correction, ice bank............and corrected it to 46.

As much as we all B--th and moan about a variety of things, taking this extra measure of customer care was impressive.

I am curious to know if others have had this same experience.:)

Sounds fishy. If you have DirecTV why is Dish calling you about intermittent loss of service? If you were having issues with your picture because of dish alignment I don't think they would be able to know without coming to your house and looking at your TV.

These Dishes only work one direction, to receive, there is no way they can see into your set up.
If they could do this, they would not recommend a phone line for everyone.

Jimbo

What station are you watching?

IF it is FOX6 WITI-DT Milwaukee, IT IS NOT YOUR EQUIPMENT!!!

Fox6 is having DT transmitter problems resulting in Blue screens, Audio dropouts and pixelation.

It happened about six times for me on Sunday. They area also having issues during the week.

It is also affecting the local D* feed. I checked Fox5 New York during the game and it was fine.

Check out this link for more info including correspondence from the Fox6 engineering Dept. 6.1 Intermittenty Freezing? - MilwaukeeHDTV.org Forums

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)