White Springs on 129.0W Question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Is White Springs a Linear Channel on Ku Band? My receiver only shows that location as a C Band Location for 128.9, it also shows up as Echostar 129.0? And what is on this Channel or Channels? I may have to add / create a new Sat Setting on my Receiver if it is Ku Band.

There are two satellites at that location, Echostar 5 and Galaxy 27 at 129W.

See the link for what is on them.

Thankx Linuxman, so then to get White Springs, since my Satellite Receiver only has 128.9 as a C Band Sat, - looks like I need to create a new Satellite for Galaxy 27 on Ku Band, then I would need to just install Linear Tp 11964 H and 2920 - 1/2 and Blind Scan it in?

Thankx Linuxman, so then to get White Springs, since my Satellite Receiver only has 128.9 as a C Band Sat, - looks like I need to create a new Satellite for Galaxy 27 on Ku Band, then I would need to just install Linear Tp 11964 H and 2920 - 1/2 and Blind Scan it in?

That's what I did on my Visionsat (it also did not have G27 at 129W preloaded into the sat list), just had to create a new sat. Another thing, I was never able to get that channel on a blind scan, had to enter the info and manually scan it in. I believe someone said that was due to the low symbol rate.

Your receiver may not have a problem with it though, good luck.

My Pansat will never blindscan very low SRs either. Even when I manually enter them, sometimes it still takes several tries for the box to find it.

There are so many useless preloaded satellites in most FTA receivers, I like to edit the names and TPs to suit me.

I always forget White Springs is ku band because for me G27 is only at 16° elevation and I need to use my BUD to tune it.

(Someday I'll custom design a mount for a small dedicated dish for G27 modified for low elevation.)

To answer the question, White Springs TV is linear Ku on 129 west. I get it, but the movies are most often really really old, and come in dark for some reason.

I have emailed WSTV and advised them that their offerings would be much more enjoyable if the picture was brighter.

I get it with a 1 meter Winegqrd and Invacom 31

For those using a 4DTV to move the dish, what designation do you use for G27 at 129W ? I've tried just about every spare sat and can't capture White Springs. In the Visionsat I've created a new sat (Ku) and created just one TP (11964, H, 2920) but am unable to pull it in. I'm able to scan everything else on the arc both C and Ku but not this one. I'm an old movie/show fan and would kinda like to at least check it out.

hey jeepguy, can't help you with the 4DTV or dishpointing issues but I know I also had problems before I could get Whitesprings. I also was using my Visionsat and I know I had to manually scan it in before i got it, may have had to enter the PID info also, can't remember.

If you can get your dish ponted at it you should be able to get it. :)

edit: on my Visionsat I have it as 11963 H 2918......I don't know how to read the PID info.

Last edited:
Here's a screen shot of the Visionsat. I have this bird (G27) zeroed in on my 4DTV. I designated a spare (4DTV) Ku to 129.0W (H). I used a User definition (Visionsat) to create the Galaxy 27 one you see on the screen. You can see all the settings. The diseqc switch setting of "2" is for Ku. Can someone tell me what it's seeing? I get this quality signal reading at 12072 and 12075Mhz. I looked through Lyngsat for these freqs on G27 and the birds on either side. They aren't listed. What is it?

Attachments

• 100_2099a.jpg
    100_2099a.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 220
Well I tried to manually scan in White Springs about 25 times, (Signal Quality was only around 10 to 25 at max) but just like 123.0W no luck with Ku Band on the far west satellites, but C Band is okay to the far West, guess I need to do more adjusting.

Well I tried to manually scan in White Springs about 25 times, (Signal Quality was only around 10 to 25 at max)

Same thing here. It used to come in at about 95 quality, but now average quality is about 13, which is worse than what I used to get on a Dish 500 with a linear LNB held on with scotch tape (I got up to 55 with that!) I think something must be wrong with White Springs' uplink or the transponder itself.

The three 30.0 Msps data transponders (11780H, 12100H, 12080V) come in at 60-70 quality, even though they are 7/8 FEC. You might want to use one of those to adjust the dish.

WSTV exists evidently to help you find the transponder in order to receive the audio channels that deliver several syndicated talk programs (last I checked they were in the old-school discrete left-channel/right-channel format). It's probably not an accident that the television programs are not only obscure but they feel like they're from those out-of-copyright tapes and DVDs that started appearing over the last decade. The symbol rate (for the video) is low and the error correction is very high--almost comically high.

I got White Springs Today:
Got White Springs on the first Tp scan attempt attempt tonight using Phlatwound's data ie. 11963 2920 H 1/2. Pretty old movies on that channel. Quality was only 15% but stable and not breaking up at all.

I got White Springs Today:
Got White Springs on the first Tp scan attempt attempt tonight using Phlatwound's data ie. 11963 2920 H 1/2. Pretty old movies on that channel. Quality was only 15% but stable and not breaking up at all.

Congrats jsattv, glad to hear you are making progress. That is a pretty strong tp, so unless you are on the fringes of the footprint you should be able to improve that Q with some tweaking. :up

Thanks for the replies voomvoom and phlatwound. Voomvoom you guys are the "Experts" - I am just trying to apply the great advice I'm getting at this wonderful site. But if you or others are ever visiting up here in Winnipeg, Canada I'd be glad to buy you dinner, and provide you with fresh Tomatoes and English Cucumbers from my garden.

Phlatwound, is there a way I can determine if I am on the fringes of 129.0W?

Here's hoping all goes well for the USA Gulf Coast folks in the next few days, our problems pale in comparison to what these people might have to go thru in the next week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)