who has the best receivers?

I have a Directv from Sony SAT100 since 1996 an no problem and now I own a satHD200 and no problem and Sony has the best picture on their receivers. I wish Sony could build the receivers for Voom.

rexoverbey said:
I really liked all of my DirecTV receivers, and now I am w/ Voom and hate their receiver.

If only the Voom receiver wasn't so damn buggy and voodoolike in initialization and operation. The hardware itself is great quality. The box has a fast CPU, etc.

Anyone notice how similar the Motorola high definition family is? (cable and satellite)

IMO Echostar has really been disappointing in the IRD department. DirecTV can seem to keep their stuff together...why can't Echostar? Everyday there are new reports of bugs. It's rediculous.

I voted E* due to the fact my model 1000 and 4000 purchased back in 98 still work to this very day. I never see any of my 811's problems as it's being "told" what to view by a ReplayTV. I had a D* subscription for NFLST for about four years and went through a 1st gen RCA receiver as well as a Hughes receiver-again only being used on Sundays 18 weeks a year.

I like the Zenith DirecTV receiver that I had the best. E* I didn't like so much and I have used them at my brothers and brother in laws. Voom I have now and it has to be the worst by far. Even thought I don't have or like D* anymore they have the best.

I try to have an unbiased opinion.

Damn all this talk about receivers and the software and the bugs and the tweaking!!

Sheeesh I plugged in my Dish receiver and watched TV!

In Europe, the best receiver from Astra, Hotbird and Hipasat is my Humax5700 whid cards Avr8-cb, Titaniu and Funwafer4.

Whit TPS, Digital+, CaboTv, Absat, Sky and manys mores

Be cool
Fonsecap

we are not talking about Europe here, but thanks for your input anyways.

PLEASE VOTE! your vote counts! if you have not voted yet, please do so now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts