Who here has an OTA antenna but is not a cord cutter?

I have a separate TV with an antenna for access to the "netlet" channels. In addition to the five major networks, I can get ME, Circle, DABL, Justice, Antenna, Charge, TBD, Stadium, Comet, Escape, Laff, Grit, Ion, qubo, Ion Plus, H&I, Start, and Quest. Plus 3 home shopping scammers. My local PBS is located on the same antenna farm, but I have trouble getting it, no loss.

I have DirecTV.

I have 2 Directv receivers HR24 and 44 in my living room hooked up to the living room and 3 bedrooms. I do this by splitting the HDMI output and using the component output on each receiver. This gives me 6 outputs, both receivers hooked up to the living room and master bedroom tv's, and 1 HR24 hookup to bedroom 1 and 1 HR44 hookup to bedroom 2. This lets 2 people watch Directv at a time in any 2 room combination. With this I also have 51 OTA channels integrated into the DVR's with 2 AM21's. So this lets me watch Directv and 51 OTA channels in 4 different rooms with 4 RC66RX remotes programmed on RF for the HR24 and IR for the HR44, with a remote extender. I also have Netflix available in each room. With this setup I have 7 tuners for Directv recording and 4 tuners for OTA recording. Very versatile setup for 4 room coverage.

Reactions: Tower Guy
I originally installed a rooftop antenna with rotor in 2000, 4 years before Dish added our locals. I can get all of the channels in the Harrisburg and Baltimore markets. I still use Dish for our primary viewing.

I also have a very small bundle of channels including HBO from Comcast that are included with the internet. When I signed up it was $4 cheaper to include the channels versus Internet only.

1922.JPG

I have DISH but also have an antenna as a backup but also to pick up stations froma neighboring DMA plus all the diginets DISH does not carry.

Oh and this way I get some additional guide data.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have Directv as well as an Outdoor antenna I use for my locals on the rare times that I do lose Sat signal, also use it for whats Not on D*.
Me TV, Circle TV, Channel 20 from Detroit occasionally ... any other Sub Channels.
your kidding right. you mean to say you don't get me t.v. we get that out here???

I have an outdoor Yagi, and yet I still have Dish. The OTA option gives me channels Dish does not carry and the option to record them to my outboard HDD as the old vip211k Dish receiver has a built in OTA tuner. The only downfall is the OTA guide is messed up on several channels. I do have the Firestick and a ReCast with a good 2 week guide and the built in 500GB HDD for recording. Even in the days of cable I always had a outdoor antenna to get TV stations I could not receive off cable.

Reactions: edisonprime
Channel 54 would have to be an OTA channel.
That would be a Local channel to you, not on D*.
You will see it on your D* recvr if you have an AM21 or LCC.
unless i am loosing my mind.. me t.v. is on my channel 54 out here on DTV... what is an AM21 and LCC:coco. wonders if it's a contract issue in your area:rolleyes:

unless i am loosing my mind.. me t.v. is on my channel 54 out here on DTV... what is an AM21 and LCC:coco. wonders if it's a contract issue in your area:rolleyes:
Normally, ME TV would be on D* on a sub channel in the local channel section ...
They do show the CW channel on D* here, channel 14, its also in the Local channel section.
I don't watch any of it though.

Normally, ME TV would be on D* on a sub channel in the local channel section ...
They do show the CW channel on D* here, channel 14, its also in the Local channel section.
I don't watch any of it though.
a sub channel you mean something like 54-1???
the CW here is on channel 5 in my area
i never watch me tv :coco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)