Who is having problems with HDMI with 211/411/622

Lost my HDMI after the 360 download. Reading through this and other threads, I gather that DISH is suggesting that this is a software problem. When I called tech support I was told that there is another software update coming in October which will probably address the issue. Why the latest update would create an incompatibility problem with a Toshiba TV that has worked flawlessly for months is beyond me. My question: Has anyone who had lost HDMI previously ever had it come back after a software update?

Hdmi

Hello all i to have had the HDMI port go bad on the 211. Dish sent me another one and that didnt even power on. After about a month they are finally sending me another 211 out. Thank god my componet connections are working.

Ok, after quite some time of successful operation, I think think the HDMI port on my 211 is starting to die. Coloration went south last night skewing to blue badly :(

Time to call tech support.

Cheers,

HDMI Fix Near.

Good Morning to all,
Does anyone know if a fix is coming soon to get the HDMI working on the VIP 622 boxes?
Regards Arnier..........:mad:

arnier said:
Good Morning to all,
Does anyone know if a fix is coming soon to get the HDMI working on the VIP 622 boxes?
Regards Arnier..........:mad:

What exactly needs to be fixed? I'm using it just for video (audio goes separately via toslink to my preamp) and it works just fine for me.

"What exactly needs to be fixed? I'm using it just for video (audio goes separately via toslink to my preamp) and it works just fine for me."

A lot of people are losing their signal through HDMI.

I wish companies like E*, D*, C*, etc. would just use HDMI specs like the audio and video market. We wouldn't be seeing all of these issues.

S~

Ron Tobin said:
What exactly needs to be fixed? I'm using it just for video (audio goes separately via toslink to my preamp) and it works just fine for me.

I'm the same way on my 211 and 622. I'm sure whatever fix they do for the affected units will break those of use that are working just fine.

Hi,

You could try a couple things to see if it is completely out:

1. Try a soft or hard rebooot by holding the powere button until the powere light goes off. Unplug the receiver for a few minutes then plug back in.

2. With the receiver on, unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the receiver and then plug it back in. THis will prompt for a new handshake.

S~

I switched to component anyways. I had used HDMI and was very disappointed in the video quality compared to component.

My first 622 HDMI died 2 weeks after I had it. That was back in Apri. The new one was working well until today. Now both the HDMI and Component don't work. I have cold booted...warm booted and even checked the HDMI and Component with my DVD player and it works perfectly. Guess I have to call DISH tomorrow to get a replacement.

ViP-622 HDMI

Well, my wife called this evening to tell me that she can't view our 622 on our Hitachi Plasma TV. I connected it via HDMI, and she says that no video is output, but audio is present. My plasma told here that there was no imput connected, and then went into power save mode. It was working this morning, but now now. Anyone know what's going on? Did E* turn it off or something?

I am out of town till Friday, so we will see if composite cable will work.

This would suck if the reciever is dead, yet again!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)