Who made this Dish ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dougruss

Retired and Loving it !
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
My son knows I've been thinking about getting a 8 footer and a guy he works with has this available "Free".

Anyone know the maker of this 8' Dish? :confused:

Attachments

• IMG00602.jpg
    IMG00602.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG00606-2.jpg
    IMG00606-2.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 266
I don't know the maker, but once in a while one like this shows up.
They usually have three feed legs, though.
And they vary slightly on how the mount is attached.

The second BUD in my signature is similar.
Yours appears to be a perforated, spun aluminum, beauty.
I'd get it and worry about the details later.
So long as it hasn't been damaged, it should do quite well.

You should probably give that one the ol' string test before you commit, looks like it has experienced a little "lawnmower alignment" on the bottom edge. ;)

I won't be able to see it first hand until Monday,but for the price I think it will fit in the trailer just fine and give it a new Home ! :car:

It will be a nice project,clean up & paint, that will keep me busy for a week or two.

I sure hope you mean paint the mount.
'Cause I'd never paint that beautiful dish!
Dull gray (gunmetal?) finish, at least on mine.
You can pressure wash it, but that's it! ;)

Picked up the Dish today. ( It's a one piece Perf Dish )Surprised it took only about a Half Hour to get it off the Pole. Thought for sure we would struggle with the mounting bolts,but a few shots of PB Blaster and a few taps with a hammer,the bolts broke free and was loosening up. Took the actuator off,swung the dish to the east and my son and I lifted it up off the pole and placed it on the trailer. The only thing that had any name on it was the LNB Cone, it has Space-Vision on it,seen nothing on the Dish or Mount. In my spare time I'll clean it up and plant a Pole for it and start playing around.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)