Who needs NFL Sunday Ticket when you have FTA :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I was just looking and I know this isn’t for every week, but here is something to ponder

16 games this week. With my current setup (FTA and OTA), I can see
Oak/NE-ABC
Chic/Wash-WMQF
Sea/Jax-KPBI
NYJ/KC-Local CBS
TB/Minn-Local FOX
Dall/SD-KPBI
GB/Det-Local FOX
Philly/Atl-ABC

So seeing half the games isn’t bad. Now th games that say "Local" they are on FTA too (CBS & FOX). If you have ESPN, you get the Sunday night game (Indy/Baltimore). I have TSN through StarChoice so I can see that. I can also see Denver/Miami through one of the CBC’s (Kamloops).

Only missing 5 games… not bad :D

best I ever had was last year at the end of the year...14 out of 16 games I could see via FTA & Starchoice :)

I can't believe all the games (NFL and MLB) that have been available as of late between DVB FTA and Ku analog. I caught an ESPN feed of a highschool football game a little while back and was actually a REALLY good game!

I will be FTA'ing as soon as I find time to install the equipment this fall. I receive OTA programming from 4 DMAs and, last year, I had access to view roughly 1/3rd of all HD games if you include ESPNHD. Adding FTA should provide me with all the football I care to watch..and it's free. Anyway, are the above network affiliates broadcasting their games in HD? I plan to buy a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra and upgrade to an HD receiver when the prices are more affordable.

none of the above affiliates are in HD on FTA...maybe locally (but that's pushing it..most of the stations are low powered)

Pre-season NFL and regular season are two different horses. There is very little fta NFL on KU. Most of the backhauls are by fiber and many will be 8psk. You will see an occasional regular season game running 4.2.2 format and it is a backup feed in case the main one craps out. What you can see is any broadcast stations that are FTA that might have some football. I.E. broadcast stations on G10 and the occasional other ones scattered around.

However I know for our friends that have Cband as well there is a little more out there since there are a number of broadcast stations on Cband both digital and analog. So if you have a good setup and a OTR antenna and your not out in the boonies you might not be out of luck.

Arion
I was just proving the point that NFLST isn't needed to enjoy more football :)

TV Azteca has shown NFL games live with Spanish commentaries. IA6 still has TV Azteca, right? May be worth a look. I used to watch the games on TV Azteca when I was down south of the border teaching English. The teams were usually western teams (Niners, Cowboys, Raiders etc..) but hopefully it will be another option.

Could you add the satellite for each channel you posted on your first message? also, Could you let me know if there is a channel from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania to watch the Steelers games?

no pittsburgh station

Oak/NE-ABC (all ABC affiliates)
Chic/Wash-WMQF (Galaxy10)
Sea/Jax-KPBI (Galaxy10)
NYJ/KC-Local CBS (my local CBS from OTA but G10 has it too)
TB/Minn-Local FOX (my local FOX from OTA but G10 has it too)
Dall/SD-KPBI (Galaxy 10)
GB/Det-Local FOX (my local FOX from OTA but G10 has it too)
Philly/Atl-ABC (any ABC affiliate)

:)

According to the TV Azteca website, Azteca 7 will be televising the Pittsburgh-Tennessee
game on Sunday morning. Gabohdez can see the steelers, but with some spanish play-by-play.

Iceberg said:
I was just looking and I know this isn’t for every week, but here is something to ponder

16 games this week. With my current setup (FTA and OTA), I can see
Oak/NE-ABC
Chic/Wash-WMQF
Sea/Jax-KPBI
NYJ/KC-Local CBS
TB/Minn-Local FOX
Dall/SD-KPBI
GB/Det-Local FOX
Philly/Atl-ABC

So seeing half the games isn’t bad. Now th games that say "Local" they are on FTA too (CBS & FOX). If you have ESPN, you get the Sunday night game (Indy/Baltimore). I have TSN through StarChoice so I can see that. I can also see Denver/Miami through one of the CBC’s (Kamloops).

Iceberg, I think you are getting short-changed.

Using my setup of local channels (San Fran), *C and FTA, these are the games I get:

Raiders/Patriots (already watched)
Texans/Bills
Jets/Chiefs
Broncos/Dolphins
Bucs/Vikings
Bears/Redskins
Saints/Panthers
Seahawks/Jaguars
Packers/Lions
Cards/Giants
Cowboys/Chargers
Rams/49ers
Colts/Ravens
Eagles/Falcons

That's 14 out of 16 games. The only games on this setup I don't get is the Browns/Bengals and Titans/Steelers.

On *C, I have the Buffalo and Spokane networks. Spokane is better than Seattle because Seahawk home games won't be blacked out...

But the more games I get, the more upset I am, because I have already subbed to Sunday Ticket on *C.

gabohdez said:
Could you add the satellite for each channel you posted on your first message? also, Could you let me know if there is a channel from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania to watch the Steelers games?

Depending on your location, the Pittsburgh game may be carried on your local CBS station. Since Baltimore is playing at night the 1:00 game is Steelers vs Titans in the Baltimore/DC area - which is good news for me :D My parent's head south for the winter. I toyed with the idea of bringing their Dish Network receiver down to my house for the winter (to make sure nobody steals it ;). But the footprint for Pittsburgh locals doesn't quite reach to Aberdeen (at least not with my 33" dish.) Maybe some day we will be able to purchase the games we want to watch.

it changed over the weekend..

rangers00 said:
Raiders/Patriots-yep
Texans/Bills-nope
Jets/Chiefs-yep (CBS)
Broncos/Dolphins-yep (CBC Kamloops)
Bucs/Vikings-Local Fox
Bears/Redskins-WMQF
Saints/Panthers-KPBI
Seahawks/Jaguars-One of the Fox stations
Packers/Lions-Local Fox
Cards/Giants-Fox Rochester
Cowboys/Chargers-Global
Rams/49ers-nope
Colts/Ravens-TSN
Eagles/Falcons-ABC

That's 14 out of 16 games. The only games on this setup I don't get is the Browns/Bengals and Titans/Steelers.
12 of 16....I have Digital Basic right now with Detroit locals so I don't get all the Globals or CH...but thats changing soon :)

Like most typical football fans I have a favorite team. Thats the game I want to see every week. They are out of market but thankfully they are popular and are often shown nationally. But 320 bucks to watch one game in HD every week? No way. I could care less about paying for a million games I dont want to watch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)