Who owns my Dish Network Equipment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dazzerb

Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I have a VIP622 and a 311 and will be terminating my Dish Service at the end of the month as I am leaving the country for a while.

My question is who owns the equipment? I see people selling Dish equipment on ebay. Can I do this or do I return to Dish?

I have had the equipment and service since April 2007 (over three years)

Thanks

The diaper-answer..."depends."
Did you purchase the equipment? If not, the equipment belongs to DISH and will have to be returned. Contact DISH, they can tell you.
Before you cancel your account, call and ask about being put on "pause." That way when you get back you will not have to go through the hassle of setting up new service all over again.
Just a thought.

+ 1 on the pause. I live Florida, God's Waiting Room, home of the Snowbird. Snowbirds turn utilities on and off all the time by putting their accounts on hold. Every utility has a way of doing it. Some charge. Others do not. Comcast wants $5 a month. Verizon was free a few years ago.

when you call to end service CSR will be able to tell you, and make arrangements to get them back if they are leased. dish will ship you an empty box with a return label, just box up the reciever and call UPS. i think it is safe to say you would remember buying a Vip622, (easy couple hundred dollars).

Your better off puting it on hold for up to six months. if your vacation is going to last longer then 6 months drop your pkg to dish mexico$19.99 month. then when you get back just turn on all your original programing and your good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts