Whole Home DVR pricing question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crazywater

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2004
So I called yesterday about WHDVR and again today and spoke with two different people. I got the following offers and don't know if any of these are outstanding, average or just plain suck. Here they are. The equipment I currently have is an HR20-700 and a HR22-100 along with 3 standard receivers. I am considering swapping out one of the standards for a HD receiver since its connected to an HD TV.

Offer 1:

$149 including swapping out one standard for an HD receiver.

Offer 2:

$108 which includes swapping my HR20-700 for a (hopefully) newer receiver.

Offer 3:

$207 which includes swapping my HR20-700 for a (hopefully) newer receiver and swapping one of the standard receivers for an HD receiver.

Any help is appreciated.

How long have you been with them and what has your payment activity been like? All that adds up to the deals you get.

If I remember right the HR20 wont work with MRV. The standard (if you mean SD only) receivers wont either

With the setup you have right now, can I ask why upgrade to MRV? How long have you been a customer?

They told me that the HR20-700 is compatible. I just wanted to upgrade it since it is very slow to respond to the remote. Been a customer since May 2009 and also from 2004-2006. And yes by standard I mean SD receivers. I have on SD receiver on an HDTV so I was thinking of swapping that one out to a HD receiver.

does Directv have to install the DECA unit (I think thats what MRV needs) or can the customer?

If they have to install it, then option 1 has the install fee in it (99 for HD receiver, 50 for install)

I was told that all three included installation...I was thinking offer #1 looked reasonable enough as long as it includes any additional equipment I might need...

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)