Whole Home DVR Setup Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hokie95

Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
Virginia
Hi all,
I've been trying to set up my system for multi-room viewing. The service has been activated. Problem is, I'm no expert on this stuff. I believe I have all the necessary pieces (listed below). I've looked through forums and diagrams and most of it looks like jibberish to me. If you could explain to me like I'm five what I need to plug into what, that would be great.
*H23-600 (edited: originally stated HR23)
*HR24-200
*Slimline Dish
*Directv Connected Home Adapter (white box)
*Directv Broadband Adapter (Small black box)
*Power Insterter (black box with "Signal to IRD" and "Power to SWM")
*Directv Splitter (two out ports, one red, one gray)

Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to SatelliteGuys! the systems have been setup and you are getting programming?
If so go to Menu then Settings & Help, click on settings and you should see options on the left side,
Click on network and test connection and run a system test, if all is good then
click on Whole Home then Share Playlist and share to all.
Then go to name location and name your HR's, then go to External devices and share all.
Then go to Status and see what it says.(should say ok)

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! the systems have been setup and you are getting programming?
If so go to Menu then Settings & Help, click on settings and you should see options on the left side,
Click on network and test connection and run a system test, if all is good then
click on Whole Home then Share Playlist and share to all.
Then go to name location and name your HR's, then go to External devices and share all.
Then go to Status and see what it says.(should say ok)

I ran the test on the HR24 and it said No Internet Connection and No Network Detected. As for the H23, I have the DECA box hooked up to it. Whether or not it is setup correctly I can't tell you. I'll see if I can make a diagram of how my H23 is setup.

Here is a diagram I made of how the H23 is currently set up. I'm assuming I have something in the wrong place.
1RR96pG.jpg

The HR24 is plugged directly into the wall. I have a router and modem, I'm not sure if they should be plugged into anything.

Your diagram looks good, are all lights solid green on black and white boxes? And is the black box connected to your router?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
All solid green lights on black and white boxes. The black box (broadband adapter) is not connected to my router. Should it be?

Yes, thats the reason theres no internet. The broadband adapter connects to your router via ethernet.
Everything else looks good tho, and your whole home should be working, even without the internet

Yes the broadband deca needs to be connected to your router, this is where the system gets its internet from. What i would do is unplug everything except your power inserter. Both receivers and the broadband deca, connect the deca to the internet and plug it in, it should link green with power and network, plug the hr23 in next, when it comes online clink should go green, once the hr23 is live and you are watching tv, plug the hr24 in. Then follow dfergies instructions in post2 when you have tv on both boxes after hard resets.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all the responses! It is an H23, rather than HR23 as I stated in the initial post. I hope this doesn't change anything. I will try your suggestions tonight and update you ASAP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)