Whole Home DVR....SO CONFUSED, Please Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceman978

Original poster
Aug 11, 2011
orlando, fl
So, up until today I had a HR-24 DVR and 4 standard def boxes from directv. I had connected the HR-24 to the internet via ethernet cable to my home router with no problems. Today I replaced one of the standard def boxes with another HR-24 installed by a directv tech and I turned on whole home DVR via the website. The tech said everything would work fine within a couple hours. But, the time has passed and neither of my HR-24's can see the other. What did I do wrong? Do I need to buy/install a broadband DECA?

Have you set the option in each HR24 to share the playlist on the network?
What's the status? Is whole home enabled in the setup menu?

I have named each of the HR-24's differently (One is livingRoom and one is BedRoom). In the setup menu I also selected share playlist for both, but neither of the HR-24's can see the other.

I just did some research, maybe someone can tell me if this setup will work for MRV (whole home DVR) and internet for both HR-24's (VOD). Install the DECA at my home network router: connecting ethernet to the router and the DECA; Install a coax cable from the wall (DTV outlet) to the DECA. This would in theory supply broadband/internet to all of my directv boxes via the coax enabling not only MRV but VOD correct?

yes it will work but you allso need to make sure they installed green lable splitters also you will need data filters on your standard boxes

If you're using DECA, you need to make sure that you've disconnected the Ethernet cables from both of the HR24s and you must use a Broadband DECA adapter to make the Internet connection to the router.

If you're not using DECA, both of the HR24s must be connected to the LAN with Ethernet cables.

Ok, I would need one green label splitter to use at the router/deca connection, correct? As for the data filters, what exactly do I need to buy?

You need band stop filter on all standards. Do you have SWM setup? wholehome will not work on the old system. everything in your system needs to have green lablels. The HR24 you had hooked to the rg45 cable needs to be reset to factory default.

To use MRV you DON'T need Internet access. All you need to do is unhook the ethernet cables from the HR24's and do a red button reset and give it a few minutes after it loads then hit the "list" button it will then pop up whole home is authorized and it will walk you through the steps. The bb deca's only use is for cinema plus, youtube, and Directv on demand. Hope this helps

Got it. I still want the BB DECA for the cinema plus/directv on demand, so I will install them when they arrive. Thanks to everyone for their help. I will update the thread in a few days once everything arrives and I get it all hooked up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)