Whole Home DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

perki

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
SOCAL
How does this work? do i just need one dvr to pause and rewind in all rooms. The website was not to clear on that.

One HD-DVR and HD receivers in the other rooms. You can pause, rewind, ff. only recorded shows on the HD-DVR. You CANNOT pause live TV on the HD receivers. You can pause live TV on the HD-DVR because it's a DVR. :)

If you have 1 hddvr, and a hd box in another room, you can do everything on that hd box that you can do on the hddvr box, except pause live tv.

So, if you had more then one hd box, you could do that in those rooms as well. You can also have more then one hddvr box and so on.

keep in mind, you get 1 hddvr and 1hd box for free with the current promotion, anything more then that, you would have to pay for. you could get 2 standard def boxes for free also with that offer.

If you have 1 hddvr, and a hd box in another room, you can do everything on that hd box that you can do on the hddvr box, except pause live tv.

So, if you had more then one hd box, you could do that in those rooms as well. You can also have more then one hddvr box and so on.

keep in mind, you get 1 hddvr and 1hd box for free with the current promotion, anything more then that, you would have to pay for. you could get 2 standard def boxes for free also with that offer.

There is a workaround to the inability to pause live TV on the H24. Record the program you are watching on the H24 (you can select the DVR you want to record to). Then start playback. You can pause all you want. I do it all the time with my H24.

There is a workaround to the inability to pause live TV on the H24. Record the program you are watching on the H24 (you can select the DVR you want to record to). Then start playback. You can pause all you want. I do it all the time with my H24.

Yes you can do that, but now you can run into where you have the other tv stuck on a recording. I think this was everyones complaint about Dishes setup on the dual tuners. Now Direct is compounding it with the ability to connect several tv's to one DVR.

Thanks. My installer comes on Thursday with my new stuff & whole home setup.
Bob.. About to be exDISH

The next time you see Directv's MRV commercial, read the fine print. It explains a lot so it's not so misleading as before. For example, if you try to pause and go to another room to watch the same program, you'll find that DVR is busy and you won't be allowed to stream from it until you stop the stream in the previous room. TOS for WHD is explained as well.

The one thing that is not being explained is the Internet Connection Kit. CHECK your ORDER. If you want VOD and TV APPS with the WHD service, you need to request WHD with ICK (Whole Home DVR with Internet Connection Kit... ICK is aka broadband DECA ). If it's missing they may not be able to do any favors if the h/w is not available. Save yourself the time and hassle and cancel/re-order if necessary. If your experience is any different from what I've seen lately, I'd like to know because I keep typing the same suggestion and the effort may not be necessary any longer.

Yes very important to make sure you request the Internet Connection with the MRV. I specifically requested both. Even had the CSR put the both into the installers notes. Low and behold when the installer showed up, no MRV order and no DECA order. Thank god the installer was nice enough to go ahead and install that for me, but it was a favor, usually they don't. I would of had to reschedule. The letter they send out confirming your order and explaining everyting you ordered came in the mail 4 days after my install. Go Figure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)