Whole Home DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tylerbonezjonez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Next month (Sept. 4th) DirecTV is coming out to upgrade me to HD, they are gonna put the current receiver i have right now(R22) in the living room replacing the current standard receiver in there and giving me a new HD DVR. I was reading a little bit about the whole house DVR, will this work with 2 DVR's? Also what all is needed to make this work and is it expensive?

You will need a SWM system and make sure you keep the R-22! You'll need a receiver deca on the back of it but once your new HDDVR is activated you can plug an hdmi cable into the back of the 22 and force a download, after it starts up you'll go to change satellite settings and go through the steps and BAM! you now have 2 HDDVR's. R-22's are slow BUT this makes them pretty nice to have

TDK1044 said:
Why not wait until October and get the DirecTV Home Media Center. The new HR34 DVR has five tuners, allowing you to watch one channel in HD and record four others.

I think you will need to wait longer than October. Limited rollout maybe starts in October. Remember the H20 started with Detroit and was months before they went further.

Status
Please reply by conversation.