Whole Home - What do I need?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wavoka

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 1, 2008
We are wanting to enable Whole Home so that we can watch our recordings anywhere. If someone could tell me what equipment I need and if I can install it myself I would appreciate it. If not I will call DirecTV, but this seems like one of those things that could/should be a self install.

Current Setup:

HR22-100 in Bedroom
HR22-100 in Theater
H21-200 in Office
H25-700 in Living Room

Ideally we would like to watch/manage recordings from each of the locations, but if one room has to be left out it would be the office.

Your help is appreciated!

wavoka

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 1, 2008
The HR22-100's are both connected via Ethernet. The others are not. From what I remember of the back of the 25 there is no Ethernet port. There is an Ethernet port available where the 25 is, but it is not plugged in. I wired the entire house with Cat6 when we were building it and everything ties back to a 48 port switch in the office closet so there is no shortage of ports in any of the house's rooms except for the bathrooms. :)

I did try enabling WH on the 22's some time ago and it told me that I needed to contact DirecTV. When I called in they wanted some ridiculous amount of $ to enable it. It has been long enough that I don't remember all the details, but the rep I spoke with said I needed some additional hardware and from what I remember the price for the equipment + a service call was around $300. It was several months ago so maybe they have some different offers now, but I was thinking I could purchase the hardware myself, if needed, and do the setup.

Last edited:

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
If you have everything connected with ethernet, you can get mrv, but you have to email customer service and ask to have it done with the ethernet. It's not supported by Directv, so if you have any issues, they won't help. It's $3/month for the service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)