Whole house DVR setup and Directv cinema.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
I had Directv installed yesterday with the whole house DVR setup. Now the tech tells me that because I have the whole house DVR setup that I would need a separate device to connect my HDDRV receiver to the internet. When I looked at my list of what I would be getting it shows Directv on demand. So, is that the service that has to do with Directv cinema? And if so should the tech have provided/installed the unit to connect my receiver to the internet? Now if this is something that I would have to pay for (which the tech said) can I temporary use a ethernet wire? When I looked through the owners manual it says do not connect a ethernet wire when the whole house DVR is setup because it will disable it and disable the sharing feature. So, when they say disable do they mean it will do damage to equipment or just temporary disable the whole house DVR setup untill I would unplug the ethernet wire? I am simply asking because I would not mind checking out what Directv cinema has to offer, but of course I do not want to damage the equipment either.:eek:

The tech probably had a "broadband deca" on the work order. And no it doesn't cost you anything to have it installed. You can hook up the cable but everytime you do you'll be required to reset all whole home receivers or the system won't work. I'd call Directv and have them send the tech back out to install the deca odds are he said he installed it so it needs to be installed.

The tech probably had a "broadband deca" on the work order. And no it doesn't cost you anything to have it installed. You can hook up the cable but everytime you do you'll be required to reset all whole home receivers or the system won't work. I'd call Directv and have them send the tech back out to install the deca odds are he said he installed it so it needs to be installed.
Well, called Directv and looks like the device for the cinema should have been installed. So, they are sending a tech to install it free of charge.

Awesome! I never understand why some don't install it. We get paid extra for installing it! Guess I'll never understand somethings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts