Who's Wii fitting??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got it, gave up on it after a while. Workouts were boring and lacked variety. Maybe Fit Plus is better, but basically I just have an overpriced scale and a game I can't sell separately as a result..

I bought the Fit plus a couple of weeks ago. Wife is starting to exercise. Will let you know how long it lasts. I plan to check it out this weekend.

I've read a couple of articles like this one that basically says the Wii Fit burns more calories than playing any other video game, but doesn't burn more than pretty much doing any other form of exercise/activity, including cleaning your house. Wii Fit video game could be a waste of time, as study finds housework burns more calories | Mail Online

I read another article/study (can't access it anymore) that showed how poorly the Wii Fit compares to almost any workout DVD/in-home exercise regimen for burning calories. It basically stated that if the Wii Fit is what it takes to get you to move your body, that's great. But if you really want to lose weight, enhance fitness and stamina, you should try something else.

My wife loves the exercises and yoga. The kids love the games on it.

Me, tried it a few times, and decided I preferred lounging on the couch. :D

I was thinking that a GREAT way to burn calories would be if I could get some pedals from like an exercise bike and just use those while I sit down and play a game. That way there's always a part of my body moving while I sit down.

"We'll get back to it"

it's been like 6 months since we last used it.

EA Sports Active is much more effective, but WiiFit is great for stuff like the 30 minute free stepping. You can start it, then flip to a recorded show or something and it will keep beeping on the wiimote to keep your rhythm.

Don't know about the longevity of use, maybe she'll tire of it, but my wife loves ours. She's been using it pretty consistently and lost some weight and toned up some. She loves the yoga and workouts.

I've tried it some and honestly if you stick with some of the workouts you will feel it. Not my thing really and I've got a job that gives me a good workout most days anyway.

Haven't tried the ea sports one yet so don't know about that one.

I have one but can't stand the little voices that talk to you, plus I suck at balancing:eek:

We also have one that we bought a few weeks ago. The kids love the games but I can't stand the "cuteness" of the game. It just takes sooooo long to get started. They need an A.D.D. mode. Hit start..pick your person. Boom...pick an activity..boom..it weighs you in two seconds and moves on to the activity. I don't want to have to keep pressing through a bunch of screens. Just let me play as quickly as possible. If I want to see my weight I'll go look at it..The first time it went through and did things was cute, but it gets OLD real quick.

It would be kinda like putting on an exercise video but yet it sits there and makes you read the screen through a bunch of junk for 5 minutes before you can work out. It makes me not want to use it.

That part of it is true digiblur. I remember thinking the same thing the couple of times I have used it. C'mon, just get to the activities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)