This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Why AEP?

Hmm... maybe AEP would've been the better deal for me.

I had Cinemax, HBO, Showtime, a 211 in the master, a 622 and a 625 (but actually only four rooms--didn't use TV2 for the 625) plus AT250, locals and platinum HD and my bill was nearly $150. We recently cut platinum, the 625 and Cinemax and the bill went to like $115/120 or something like that.

The major issue is the 211. If I replaced 211/625 combo with a 722k or something like that and went w/ AEP + HD, what would I be looking at for AEP+HD and 2 DVR's? I own the 211, so I could sell that no problem to lease another DVR. Is there a leased/additional receiver fee w/ AEP (despite the free DVR fee)?

Thanks.

Really, you can get the 3 free months of HBO/Cinemax with AEP. I will have to make a phone call later today.

I just called and now I will have the $20 credit starting on my next bill.

Thanks for the info TNGTony!!

I also have 6 DVR's. I personally got tired when I watched a TV that didn't have a DVR, so each time I upgraded a receiver, I got a new DVR. If dish let me have more receivers on my account, I would have more DVR's.

The real reason I have AEP is that I want as many of the premium movie channels I can get. The family is constantly checking and viewing the premiums, so the extra cost--at the AEP discount, works out.

$15 vs $10, I think
Playboy TV is $15 if thats your only premium.
$7 per month with Americas Everything Pack.

AEP with Playboy and Locals is $109.98
AEP without Playboy,But Still with locals $102.98
AEP without Locals or Playboy tv $97.98 Per month
DVR service is free with any of the above packages.

I hope that getting Playboy for a few dollars less isn't anyone's sole reason for going with AEP. Playboy is a premium so if you like movies than you likely have all the other movie channels already which makes Playboy your fourth premium (along with HBO, Showtime, and Starz), or sixth premium if you count HD and Gold Bonus Pack and so only $10 per month, not $15. Add the Cinemax for a penny offer and you save money each month by not doing AEP.

Seems that the multi DVR fee or if you really like NBA TV are the best reasons for going with AEP.

How much are the dvr fees? and do you still have to pay lease fee's as well if you don't chose AEP?
Right now i have the classic gold package with locals, hbo, cinemax, & encore.

P- boy on website is..

I have AEP plus locals. I just signed into my account to see what the price would be to add Playboy. It says the price is $15.99 a month! Where is the discount for having AEP?
Gerry

Its actually after you add it. Add it and then go through the process like your going to order it, before the final confirmation it shows you what you used to pay, then the new price, its show up then. Kinda confused me too.

THANKS!

Its actually after you add it. Add it and then go through the process like your going to order it, before the final confirmation it shows you what you used to pay, then the new price, its show up then. Kinda confused me too.

Thanks for the answer!
Gerry

Wait, at what point is it worth it to go for AEP vs. adding all the packages (penny cinemax, hbo, etc; not counting playboy) to gold? Are 2 DVRs enough to make it worth it?

Wait, at what point is it worth it to go for AEP vs. adding all the packages (penny cinemax, hbo, etc; not counting playboy) to gold? Are 2 DVRs enough to make it worth it?
Not to sound flippant, but do the math. Add $5.98 per DVR to your ala cart calcs. Add $7.00 lease fee in both.